Financial Control & Analysis Associate
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank - US
- 12 Jul 18 2018-07-12
Financial Control & Analysis (FCA) is within the Business Finance organization and is responsible for business aligned Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Resource Management and Accounting Close. The role is based in New York and will focus on Financial Planning & Analysis and Financial Resource Management responsibilities for the US GCF&S Business within Credit, and will report to the US GCF&S Financial Control & Analysis lead.
Job Title: Financial Control & Analysis- Credit Business Finance
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Financial Control & Analysis (FCA) is within the Business Finance organization and is responsible for business aligned Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Resource Management and Accounting Close.
The role is based in New York and will focus on Financial Planning & Analysis and Financial Resource Management responsibilities for the US GCF&S Business within Credit, and will report to the US GCF&S Financial Control & Analysis lead.
- Produce commentary and analyze business performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. This will include business, region and entity level analysis covering revenues, costs and financial resources such as Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) and Leverage (CRD4)
- Assist with the annual planning and monthly forecasting of revenues, resources, liquidity/ funding needs under Group and IHC financials
- Monthly validation and analysis of the general ledger to MIS reported P&L, Capital & Balance sheet utilization via the various control forums, with particular focus on impact of upcoming regulatory pressures
- Quarterly validation of CCAR jump-off data and analysis of CCAR projections
- Preparation of monthly performance reports to be discussed with senior members of the Front Office
- Quarterly control environment certification & complex disclosures
- Have oversight of month end close and control environment
- Resolution of month end issues with appropriate teams
- Collaboration with other asset-class groups within Business Finance on cross asset projects and initiatives
- Ad hoc analysis/projects to support business decision making process which requires analysis/understanding of key business drivers and finance requirements
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects and analysis
- Regular interaction with all areas of the Bank including front office, risk functions, valuation group and treasury
- Experience in the Credit or FIC product space
- Qualified accountant/CPA or similar accounting background
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly
- Demonstrate a strong control mindset and ability to influence virtual teams in other locations
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and escalate
- Manage relationships with stakeholders across the Bank (i.e. Front Office, Market Risk Management, Valuation Group, Financial Control)
- Market /regulatory knowledge, appropriate escalation awareness
- Strong excel skills /organizational skill / proactive / problem solving
- The FCA team is 10 people strong with 3 people in NY, 7 people in Jacksonville and 3 in Manila. You will co-ordinate with London partners to ensure optimization of processes and consistency across the regions and have a close partnership with Jacksonville and Manila Accounting Close team to ensure material accuracy of the financials
It is crucial for the bank to understand how profitable each businesses activity is and Finance has a responsibility to understand precisely the resource commitment the bank makes to any given client or transaction e.g. cost, capital, funding, liquidity and risk. Finance is playing a central role in keeping the bank focused on simplification and financial resource management.
With our diverse teams in 47 countries, we offer a broad portfolio of capabilities. Our key functions range from Group Finance, Treasury, Planning and Performance Management, and Investor Relations to enabling functions such as Finance Change and Administration. These teams make sure we cover all Finance specific aspects for our internal and external stakeholders such as shareholder, employees, clients and regulators. Together, it is the role of Finance to oversee all financial details for Deutsche Bank globally.
Sound financial principles are at the core of everything we do. That's why Finance is vital to the way we run our business. In a global marketplace that's constantly evolving, being adaptable, decisive and accurate is critical.
Join us and you'll be able to make a real difference in a dynamic global team with multiple career opportunities.