- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
The Financial Controller for the NY Branch will be actively involved in the preparation of various accounting & financial reports, the full suite of US Regulatory Reports, and the annual revenue and expense budgets and will be responsible for forecasting revenues and tracking costs/expenses against budget. The Financial Controller will be responsible for the Branch financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, and the maintenance of its fiscal records and will ensure that financial risks and controls are professionally and proactively managed in line with NY Group policies. The Financial Controller will provide strong support in strategic financial and tax planning working with the Head of Finance and the external tax accountants. The Financial Controller will maintain a high degree of accountability and transparency with regard to reporting and accounting throughout the organization.
Principle Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
Financial Controller is heavily relied upon for financial reporting and planning on day to day financial and accounting needs related to NY Branch. This role provides the primary support for the Head of Finance and is essential and integral to the proper and efficient functioning of the Branch.
1. Preparation and production of full suite of U.S. Regulatory Reporting to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Department of Commerce
a. Ensure the accurate preparation and timely filing of all required reports, annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily
2. Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial statement consolidation and underlying general ledgers
a. Formal monthly review and signoff of consolidation files, production of month financial pack.
3. Provide financial and accounting analysis and expertise to Group Head of Finance and General Manager
a. Provide accurate and insightful analysis, reports and presentations proactively and as requested by Group Head of Finance and GM
4. Oversight of Accounts Payable function, credit card processing, and all daily work of staff accountant
a. On-going review of work of Staff Accountant to ensure accurate and complete processing
5. Oversight of production and analysis of daily operational controls report
a. Review of daily VaR positions and compliance with Federal Reserve asset maintenance requirements
6. Manage operating costs and implement cost savings initiatives.
a. Monthly analysis and forecast of budget vs. actual costs
7. Active participant in the management of various tax tax planning initiatives and provides timely review of strategies and analyses of positions
a. Maintains contact with E & Y to ensure timely and accurate annual tax filings and evaluation of recommended NY recommended tax strategies and initiatives
8. Responsibility for coordination, monitoring and reporting of budgets and forecasts, including the monthly financial reporting package
a. Ongoing discussions with Head of Finance and business line managers to provide financial analysis and planning
9. Work closely with Head of Finance and General Manager to ensure that departmental and Branch financial objectives and targets are met and to identify areas for improvement
a. Coordinate business plans with business line managers of Wholesale Banking and Treasury
10. Measurement of various Corporate Banking customer account profitability analysis, including the ongoing use of financial data warehouse
a. Provide meaningful data to Head of Finance, General Manager, Treasurer and Head of Wholesale Banking on an on-going basis to support the business strategy
11. Plan and manage workflow in Financial Controls department.
a. Ensure accurate and timely general accounting Manage the Staff Accountant to ensure high levels of productivity and efficiency
• Expert and evident working knowledge in bank accounting, planning and analysis
• Knowledge of financial record keeping procedures, laws, regulations and standards
• Strong understanding of tax principles
• Advanced communication sills (written and verbal) with the ability to effective communicate, deliver and obtain information across levels and departments of the organization and across different cultures
• Expert in full Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of Accounts Payable Software Microsoft Great Plains; knowledge of Urbis Accounting Software a plus
• Solid Presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and train employees including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments
• Demonstrated ease working with technological upgrades and advancements.
• International Banking Experience greatly preferred
Education / Certifications/experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting and/or Finance)
• 8+ years’ Banking experience
• CPA preferred
• MBA a plus
• Analytical, accurate, thorough, strategic with strong operational and planning skills
• Ability to be flexible and to juggle multiple priorities
• Able to influence outcomes through effective use of knowledge and experience
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy under all circumstances
• Proactive and independent