- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Financial Data Associate
Location: New York, NY, USAAs a Financial Data Associate on the Ratings Desk Services you will work closely with various teams across Moody's, monitor and analyze bank loan data at initial and subsequent stage of the rating, conduct in-depth reviews of issuance/organizational documentation, identify market activity.
- Ensure global regulatory controls (e.g., Dodd-Frank) and internal credit policy requirements are adhered to across the end to end ratings process
- Review, analyze and interpret critical legal, contingency or other provisions within deal documents (Credit Agreements, Term Sheets, Amendment documents, etc.)
- Monitor SEC filing, review and flag subsequent bank loan events (Refinancing, Amendment, Amend & Extend, Re-Pricing, Bifurcation, Add-Ons)
- Where appropriate, determine whether further analysis is required by rating analyst
- Develop in-depth understanding of Moody's credit methodologies, issuer financial instruments, issuer document packages and related business practices
- Gather all required documentation and regularly track news wires/vendors and appropriately flag relevant items / developments related to debt markets.
- Proactive outreach and engagement with Issuers and market participants to secure a comprehensive view of the issuance portfolio
- Promptly and efficiently escalate, identify and research issuance, discrepancies, conflicts, or otherwise and summarize findings for the analyst
- As part of the rating process, associate may interact with issuers, investors and intermediaries
- Provide professional and prompt resolution related to inquiries for both internal and external clients
- Continue to develop knowledge of financial instruments, policies, methodology updates and any related business practices and other tasks/functions as required
Operations & Data Control
- Minimum undergraduate degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree)
- 1-3 years of experience required
- Familiarity with debt capital markets preferred (e.g. coursework and/or relevant work experience) with prior experience in reviewing financial/legal documentation.
- Willing to accept new challenges and demonstrates flexibility with last minute changes in commitments and deadlines and has the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of MS programs including: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to details, solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.