- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: New York, NY, USAWe are looking for a financial engineer to join our structured finance modeling team, which is responsible for a deal set up, waterfall cash flow models and first payment date update using our in-house proprietary modeling and updating tools
This is a good opportunity to join a growing team where you will be expected to participate in various of structured finance cash flow models including RMBS, CMBS and ABS, first payment date updating and modeling tool development. You will also be expected to work closely with each Asset class desk regarding client challenges and new securitization products analysis in the market.
- Develop complex, cash flow projection models ( including deal set up ) for US securitization transactions using our proprietary software. In particular, you will be tasked with creating and reviewing Cash Flow (Waterfall) model for various ABS, RMBS and CMBS transactions for external and internal clients, supporting our product and software development teams for these products.
- participate in quality and productivity enhancement projects including QA automation
- responsible for the deal update for the first payment cycle
- participate in modeling and updating tool development and enhancement
- Work closely with each Asset class desk regarding client challenges and new securitization products analysis
CESA division of Moody's Analytics
- Master or Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Math or related quantitative field and 2+ years' experience in securitizations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong Excel skills including VBA is required
- Knowledge of other programming skills such as python, C# is a plus.
- Should have attention to details and be able to work effectively in a team setting to deliver projects accurate and in timely fashion
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.