- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role:
An associate engineer whose primary responsibility is to assist in the development and support of Structured Finance analytical solutions.
- Develop knowledge of market needs and trends in Structured Finance. Learn to identify potential business development opportunities.
- Analyze complex financial fixed-income instruments and build cashflow models.
- Participate in the development cycle execution for our flagship products.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to design and develop product functionality.
- Assist in the development of use cases and/or specific requirements based on stakeholder requirements.
- Triage client and product issues.
- Data Analysis: Support efficient dataflow and ensure quality of large datasets that drive forecasting models.
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the organization.
- Aid in the implementation, customization, and use of analytic solutions.
- Assist with special projects.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, economics, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- Solid quantitative skills and analytical problem solving ability.
- Working knowledge of relational database technologies (SQL), VBA, or other scripting or coding languages preferred.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.