Financial Planning Business Analyst – Goals Based Planning Tool
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Wealth Management Investment Platforms team is responsible for supporting the creation, on-going development of the latest solutions for Morgan Stanley clients, prospective clients and financial advisors. The FA Platforms team manages digital products used by over 16,000 Financial Advisors across the firm.
The Financial Planning Group within the Wealth Management Investment Platforms is responsible for the financial planning and advice tools platforms leveraged by Morgan Stanley Financial Advisors and clients.
As part of the Financial Planning team, this individual will support the development and management of the firm's financial planning and advice tools.
• Business requirement development and agile story development, including
story grooming, impact analysis and issue tracking and resolution.
• Work closely with user experience teams to design solutions that meet
• Assist with requirements socialization and approval process.
• Facilitate business requirement elaboration and analysis sessions to drive the
development of functional requirements.
• Review functional and data requirements.
• Review test plans, test scripts and test data for UAT phase.
• Review test results and participate in user acceptance testing, including
participating in defect status / review meetings, reporting issues, provide
guidance and clarification to UAT team and sign off on required changes.
• Assist in release events and required regression testing. Qualifications:
• BS/BA degree required. Advanced degrees a plus.
• A minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience preferably in financial planning or wealth management
• 3 years of business analyst experience, preferably in the financial planning tool
• Experience with agile development methodology.
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple projects
• Ability to interact effectively and collaborate with other Business Analysts,
product owners and business partners.
• Effective problem solver
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to interact at all levels
of the organization and tailor messages appropriately
• Independent self-starter who can manage multiple activities to aggressive
• Experience with user acceptance testing.