Financial Planning and Analysis
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 19 Oct 18
Financial Planning and Analysis
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Morgan Stanley Bank N.A. (MSBNA) is a nationally chartered bank and a material operating subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. The MSBNA legal entity is regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
Within MSBNA, the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function is responsible for producing the annual Strategic Plan and periodical forecasts, leading Balance Sheet and Income Statement efforts for the Banks DFAST submission to the OCC, and providing management team(s) with key financial and strategic analysis to support the Banks global businesses. The role provides a unique perspective on the whole array of Finance/FP&A activities specific to a legal entity.
- Support and produce MSBNA forecasts (i.e. Balance Sheet, P&L, RWA, capital allocation, etc.) for Annual Strategic Plan / Budgeting and quarterly / other periodic exercises
- Support end-to-end Balance Sheet and PPNR processes for DFAST/CCAR and Resolution Planning submissions, including financial modeling and analysis, risk identification, documentation, and governance efforts
- Develop key analytics to enhance decision making and coordinate financial presentations for Banks CFO and Senior Management, MSBNA Board of Directors, Investor Relations, etc.
- Develop presentations outlining key financial trends and analysis. Collaborate with constituents across Business Units, Corporate & ISG / WM Segment FP&A, Banks Controllers, Treasury, Strategy, Risk, etc to support Banks global businesses.
- Adopt and maintain governance enhancements related to financial analytics through forecast review and challenge sessions, assist with model development and review process, risk identification and materiality assessments, and documentation of various financial narratives
- Identify and contribute to process improvement initiatives across Bank/Firm FP&A.
- 5-9 years banking/financial services experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding Excel, PowerPoint presentation, and modeling skills
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities and develop junior talent
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of funding, capital, and liquidity helpful but not required
- Experience w/ CCAR/DFAST helpful but not required