Financial Reporting Quality Assurance, VP
Quality Assurance Unit:
The Quality Assurance Unit is responsible for enhancing the integrity of the financial regulatory reporting processes, reporting data quality as well as the overall control environment through performing periodic and on-going assessments of the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of financial regulatory reports submitted to the U.S. regulators. The Unit also partners with stakeholders across multiple functions to identify improvement opportunities and implement process and control enhancements.
This position is primarily responsible for testing and validating multiple regulatory reports to ensure that reports are prepared in accordance with regulatory reporting instructions, guidance, regulators' expectations and industry best practices and communicating issues and enhancement opportunities to senior management. In addition, this position supports management with the regulatory exams as well as interim status updates with the regulators. This includes ensuring preparedness, reviewing materials provided to the regulators, and coordinating across multiple departments to prepare presentation materials.
This position requires wide breadth of expertise in both financial and regulatory reporting pertaining to financial institutions, experience in managing projects and staff members.
- Assist management in the planning, design, and execution of quality assurance program in accordance with risk assessment framework for the regulatory reporting of Mizuho's U.S. entities including banking entities, broker-dealer, swap-house, leasing and other subsidiaries.
- Review and monitor the preparation and filling of regulatory reports in accordance with the Quality Assurance Unit procedures;
- Operate independently of the day-to-day regulatory report preparation process and maintain validation and testing processes for the completeness and accuracy of regulatory reports, in accordance with regulatory reporting instructions, guidance, expectations, and industry best practices;
- Monitor, escalate and report issues to management or other relevant stakeholders on a periodic basis;
- Interact with various business areas for potential enhancements to the regulatory reporting process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial and regulatory reporting requirements and offer recommendations to enhance controls and processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of Mizuho's regulatory filings;
- Solve other relevant issues that may arise on an ad-hoc basis.
- Bachelor's degree;
- CPA certification preferred;
- 8 or more years of relevant experience in performing financial and regulatory reporting or performing regulatory reporting quality assurance at a large and complex financial institution;
- Advanced knowledge of financial and banking products;
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.