Fixed Income Risk Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Group (ISG) is a remarkably broad and diversified business. We provide institutions with almost every kind of financial product and service across the world's major markets. Whether you're interested in planning complex deals; trading on the moment-to-moment movements of the capital markets; analyzing the financial needs of a company or a wealthy family, Morgan Stanley is the place to be.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader in energy, metals, and agricultural product trading worldwide whose professional's trade in both physical and derivative commodity risk.
The Business Unit Risk Management (BURM) team at Morgan Stanley is currently looking for a risk manager with a focus on institutional clients of the Fixed Income Division. The role requires legal background and involves collaborating with various areas of the Firm to review complex Credit products and transactions.
The candidate will be responsible for:
· Reviewing and escalating internally complex/high-risk transactions across a number of Credit desks within the Fixed Income Division (in particular, asset backed lending and securitizations);
· Attending internal governance-related committees to review transactions;
· Responding to ad hoc queries from the covered desks;
· Assessing the impact of new regulations on the coverage area and assisting with the implementation of relevant controls;
· Assisting with audits and exams relating to the coverage area;
· Participating in new product approval processes relating to the coverage area;
· Collaborating with internal stakeholders in the Business, Risk Management, Legal and Compliance and other functions.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
· Highly organized, detail-oriented and thorough;
· Ability to cope with pressure and multi-task;
· Ability to plan, organize and deliver results within tight timeframes;
· Ability to work collaboratively on group projects and independently on individual assignments;
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Mature and professional;
· Comfortable working in an open-floor working environment. *LI-SG1 Qualifications:
• 5-8 years law firm or financial industry experience in a Legal, Compliance or Risk Management role required;
• Knowledge of Fixed Income products, in particular asset based lending and securitized products
Technical and Professional Qualifications and Accreditations:
• Law Degree (preferred). *LI-SG1