Fixed Income Trading Risk
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Group (ISG) is a remarkably broad and diversified business. We provide institutions with almost every kind of financial product and service across the world's major markets. Whether you're interested in planning complex deals; trading on the moment-to-moment movements of the capital markets; analyzing the financial needs of a company or a wealthy family, Morgan Stanley is the place to be.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader in energy, metals, and agricultural product trading worldwide whose professional's trade in both physical and derivative commodity risk.
The Fixed Income Division Trading Risk Management Team is looking for a strategic and highly motivated professional to join the group.
The Trading Risk Management team sits within the Firm's Sales & Trading Division and is responsible for the overall supervision of market risk taking activities undertaken by trading desks within Fixed Income Division. As the firm's first line of defense, the function identifies, assesses, and oversees the risk positions within Fixed Income and ensures risk positions are in line with risk appetite of the division and the firm.
Trading risk management is looking for a member to join the team. The candidate must be able to analyze risk positions and P&L performances and need to be well-versed with financial markets and financial products. Central to the role will be analytical and numerical skills, financial knowledge and commercial acumen.
The role of the function includes (but not limited to):
- Establish US Fixed Income Department's risk appetite and design local risk limits (within the global Fixed Income's risk appetite)
- Monitor trading desks performance and risk utilization, supervising risk taking activities of desks within Fixed Income Division
- Identify key risks and/or challenges associated with delivering AOR's objectives. Develop approaches for managing, monitoring and/or mitigating these risks and challenges
- Implementing risk management procedures, reviews and, if appropriate, approves and/or recommends relevant limits. *LI-SG1 Qualifications:
- Close communication with trading desks and active monitoring of trading/risk activity and PnL events
- Understand financial markets and products, explain and analyze desk pnl and risk positions in details.
- Risk and PnL performance reporting to FID management
- Liaison and collaboration with second line of defense (risk department) of the firm
- Working with Strats and IT functions to enhance risk representation and PnL attribution.
- Understand the relevant systems, risk measures, and controls utilized within AOR (including maintain relevant knowledge of IT systems). *LI-SG1