Brickendon Consulting have existing projects with a number of banks, asset managers & hedge funds firms across New York where we have been engaged to provide teams of technical Consultants to develop and build data governance tools and portals from scratch, across various innovation initiatives. The successful candidate will join as a Principal Consultant for the Digital Practice within our New York office, and work as part of a Brickendon Consulting team to deliver technical innovation.
The successful candidate will join as a Principal Consultant for the Digital Practice within our New York office, and work as part of a Brickendon Consulting team to deliver technical innovation.
An overview of sample responsibilities:
- Join as a member of our Digital Practice.
- Advising clients on strategic matters linked to development
- Thought leadership within our Digital Practice.
- Liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development.
- Working closely with Business Analysts to best understand how these business requirements translate into development delivery tasks.
- Java Development to coding standards, including bank and technology industry standard patterns and practices.
- Java Web Methods application development, using multiple design techniques.
- Proficient use of Java Development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, application resiliency and security.
- Working in a portion of software engineering disciplines and demonstrating understanding of overall software skills including business analysis, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement of software.
- Fully browser test any implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing.
- Draw-up detailed technical designs for components in response to business requirements and high-level technical architecture.
- Assist with the deployment of components.
- Take an active role in an Agile (Scrum) team and contribute process improvements.
- Writing peer code reviews, refactoring, Scrum, XP.
- Contributing to L3 Support.
- Estimating tasks in line with the definition of Done.
This Principal Consultant / Full Stack Developer will possess the following skills and experience;
- Strong industry background within Digital Innovation / Technology Houses as well as the Financial industry.
- At least 10 years of experience in Java Development, ideally with recent Java 1.8 experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer / Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics of an equivalent subject.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems with working proficiency in developmental toolsets.
- Proficiency in Java programme language, alternatively C#, Python, C/C++ or Node.js also.
- Must be familiar with one or more client-side frameworks e.g. AngularJS, ReactJS.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing techniques and data modelling, with demonstrable SQL and Data Visualization skills.
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement ideally in an agile framework.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment Experience with relational databases and handling large data sets.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals.
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to discuss business objectives and potential solutions with technical and / or non-technical stakeholders.
- Systematic, ability to think logically, analyze situations and problem solving.
- Collaborating and influencing disparate teams across the organization to accomplish common goals.