Full Stack Developer (Return to Work Program)
The Path Forward Return to Work program at IHS Markit is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience
and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At IHS Markit, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
MarkitSERV provides end-to-end trade processing and workflow solutions that support all participants in OTC trading from post-trade notices of execution, trade confirmation and allocations to clearing and reporting. By integrating processes along the OTC transaction lifecycle from post-trade notification and confirmation, to allocations and regulatory clearing and reporting, we provide end-to-end, multi-asset trade processing solutions.
We are seeking an experience and self- driven Full Stack Developer to join MarkitServ's Technology division. This person will demonstrate a passion for testing, show drive to take initiative and follow through tasks to completion at a high quality level, whilst consistently seeking to improve practices and processes. This person will closely work with existing team members to develop and manage a comprehensive JAVA/J2EE based product. They will also contribute to overall Development Team by promoting standards, and helping team in evaluation and adoption of new techniques. Responsibilities:
- Develop new and enhance existing software using Java/Spring/Hibernate etc.
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing products developed in Java.
- Assist and support team in diagnosing bugs and other issues in products.
- Assist with documenting existing product lines and development of design documents for new products.
- Work as a team to understand and implement use cases as per specifications provided by business / team lead.
•Develop software of highly quality and in time efficient manner. Qualifications:
- Deep knowledge of Java/J2EE and web technologies.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented principles and design patterns.
- Used to agile development environment and usage of supporting tools (JIRA etc.)
- Proactive, Self-Driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate at all levels including daily team meetings, representing QA in meetings with teams outside of QA and presenting to management.
- Unix Command line processing Skills (grep, jq, find, awk)
- Java 8 along with knowledge and experience of functional programming
- RESTful Server development
- JMS (ActiveMQ)
- Publish/Subscribe Architecture
- Multiprocessing Systems
- Experience with TDD/BDD methodologies and tooling such as Jasmine or Mocha.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.