Full Stack Engineer - Enterprise Product Workflows & Reporting
The Enterprise Data department is a new and growing area of Bloomberg that delivers market and reference data to client applications. As part of this area, we build state-of-the-art software to support product creation/implementation, product controls, product enablement, and client reporting for Enterprise Real-Time and Data License products and services. We develop a system that allows our Enterprise business to rapidly create new product and service offerings at the click of a button, allowing our business to quickly respond to market conditions and client needs. We are building new client-facing websites for product discovery/purchase and for client reporting using a modern technology stack. Our mandate is to become the one-to-rule-them-all account management system for all of Enterprise with a focus on building flexible, meta-data driven solutions. Join us and be part of the future of Bloomberg!
We are looking for a candidate to join our Enterprise Product Workflows & Reporting groups to help us build the next generation of systems to support Enterprise Data; Enterprise Data delivers a variety of data - such as real time, reference, news, trading systems, etc. - to client applications accessible via an SDK utilizing our own vast infrastructure and provides a suite of tools to go along with it. Our day-to-day includes a wide range of development opportunities, from front-end to back-end to database work. As part of our team, you will be exposed to a variety of domains and technologies, learn continuously and contribute new ideas starting day one. Come work with a diverse and amazing team! We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Create Python services on Linux
- Work with modern web technologies such as React and Typescript to build out and enhance our Enterprise Data product marketplace and client reporting websites.
- Implement REST API endpoints
- Work with SQL Server and Postgres databases
- Communicate and interact with product managers and end users
We'd love to see:
- BS degree in computer science or another technical field with equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years of programming experience with a general-purpose programming language such as Python or C++
- Experience developing REST APIs using Flask
- Experience with SQL / database design and Linux Shell scripting
- A post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent expertise)
- Willingness and ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At Bloomberg we are very proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.