Fund Services Portfolio Valuation Associate
Fund Services Portfolio Valuation Team Company Profile:
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. Department Profile:
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley, provides fund administration services to the world's leading hedge funds. MSFS has over 1000 professional with offices in New York, Dublin, London, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hong Kong. Key responsibilities:
Qualifications: Desired skillset:
- Responsible for ensuring terms of exotic trades are captured correctly and using vendor systems to provide end of day valuation to hedge fund clients.
- Improve and refine process - Understand requirements, prototype and work with developers to enhance in-house system for systematic term capture and pricing.
- Review terms against client communication, trade confirms and middleware systems.
- Obtain valuation for client positions post close of trading and ensure these are captured correctly within client portfolios.
- Face off with hedge funds and colleagues in internal teams to resolve queries/price challenges.
- Understanding of fixed income, credit, interest rate and derivatives products.
- Ability to work within tight timelines to fulfill each step of the daily valuation and term capture workflow.
- Understanding of middleware and valuation systems such as MarkIt, SuperD, Bloomberg etc. preferable.
- Hands-on experience with Excel/VBA.
- Desire to manage projects towards system automation.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Undergraduate or Master's degree in Finance/Math/Accounting or any other numeric based subject.
- 1 - 2 years' experience in product valuation preferable.