GIR, US Portfolio Strategy, Analyst - New York or Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
This is position can be based in either New York City or Salt Lake City RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
The US Portfolio Strategy group analyzes the direction of equity markets, the impact of economic influences on industries and evaluates the attractiveness of investment in various sectors. The group advises institutional investors on strategies for profit maximization and risk management for equity portfolios.
Working closely with the US Chief Portfolio Strategist and other members of the team, the Analyst assists in:
- Analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data related to stock market, economic and political events
- Presenting data and conclusions in a clean and efficient manner to senior stakeholders
- Recommending equity investment strategies involving index performance, sector allocation, and macro themes through written reports
- Collaborating with macro and single-stock groups within research
- Communicating with the Equities sales force/traders and external clients
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably majors in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) or Economics or Finance or Accounting
- 1-3 years of experience
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages such as R, MATLAB, SAS, Stata, etc. preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity