Description About this role BlackRock Overview:
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental, quantitative and alternative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Job Purpose/Background:
Reporting to the firm's Chief Accounting Officer, this individual will be responsible for directing the global accounting activities of the firm. The role will lead a global team of approximately 200 team members, responsible for global corporate accounting, legal entity oversight and regulatory reporting for the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific (APAC). The global corporate accounting operations function includes oversight of revenue, corporate costs, compensation, treasury accounting and accounts payable.
The candidate will possess a solid knowledge of US GAAP principles as well as a solid background in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), financial operations, various investment products and mergers & acquisitions. The candidate will also possess strong management and team leadership competencies gained through prior experience managing a corporate accounting department within a large, complex global organization with a matrix reporting structure. This individual must be an executive who is a change agent and driver of innovation willing to challenge the status quo from both an operational and team perspective. This person must be able to think globally and very broadly across both the asset management and larger financial services landscape. Key Responsibilities:
Skills Experience Required:
- Ensure compliance with US and local accounting and regulatory requirements
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Collect, interpret and report financial data to various internal and external stakeholders, including regulators
- Enhance operational effectiveness and efficiency of the Controllers organization
- Lead Controllers due diligence for potential acquisitions and integrations of executed transactions
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing firm policies and procedures
- Preparation of ad-hoc special requests for management
- Team leadership through active recruiting and managing of talent including, motivating, coaching, training and mentoring team members
- 15+ years' experience leading the corporate accounting or controllers function within a global firm
- Strong knowledge and leadership of accounting operations
- Prior experience leading and managing a large, diverse team in multiple locations (globally)
- Demonstrated experience as an innovator and change agent within a finance function. Experience leading large scale projects that require coordination across an organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). An ability to convey complex financial information and rules and concepts to a non-financial audience
- Global perspective - the ability to think broadly and globally
- Experience partnering and presenting to senior management and boards
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting
- CPA highly desired
- Financial services experience preferred; asset management experience and alternatives experience a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.