Global Fund Accounting - Private Equity, AVP
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Job Title:
Assistant Vice President Job Description:
The Global Fund Accounting (Private Equity) group is responsible for the fund performance reporting and all aspects of accounting related to the Blackstone Private Equity Funds. The group mainly provides support to the front office professionals, addressing a variety of investor relations matters, and works with business development on new Funds and products. Additionally, the team supports Blackstone's internal marketing group and primarily deals with statistical and performance related data.
Key responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Manage responsibilities and assignments delegated to the NY and Offshore teams
- Manage quarterly close processes and review work papers related to internal reporting
- Review of capital drawdowns, distributions and management fee calculations and billing statements
- Review of waterfall calculations and performance metrics
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly and audited annual reports, including financial footnotes
- Review quarterly capital account statements and investor reporting
- Engage in technical accounting dialog with external audit teams
- Work with technology teams to develop and improve system functionality and validate enhancements
- Liaise with investors
- Work with internal valuation team to ensure data completeness
- Work with tax compliance to ensure accurate Investor reporting.
- Read and interpret Limited Partnership Agreements
- Assist in onboarding of new funds
- Review fund external compliance deliverables, such as Form PF and AIFMD
- Assist with special projects and internal ad hoc requests
Ideal candidate would have a commitment to excellence in their work product, strong time management skills, and a desire to learn.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 8-10 years of related experience in public accounting and/or private equity fund administration
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced professional environment and handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively across multiple levels, functions and locations
- Effectively work and communicate with members of the team to ensure established deadlines are being met in an efficient, accurate, thorough and neat manner;
- Desire to implement process improvement opportunities;
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Investran knowledge
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.