Global Fund Finance – Finance Performance Reporting, Assistant Vice President
Job Description: Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $571 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
Global Fund Finance Job Title: Global Fund Finance - Finance Performance Reporting, Assistant Vice President Job Description:
- Quarterly private loan track record review and analysis working with accounting and portfolio managers to capture the proper economics of deals and funds, focused on a detailed understanding performance drivers of the deals and funds
- Help managing junior team members
- Reviewing and approving financial data for GSO fund presentations and publications
- Coordinating responses to marketing and client requests, as needed
- Compilation and reviewing of content and timely completion of quarterly client and external marketing: Flash reports; Portfolio Quarterly reports, investor letter and any follow-up correspondence and associated requests
- Developing tools with technology to automate and systematize the firms track records and reporting needs
- Collaborating with Risk, Finance and Operations to develop a strong culture of data validation across the entire organization to ensure accuracy across all reporting
- Coordinating the production of reporting content needed from other GSO departments, including Legal, Compliance, Accounting, and Marketing
- Successfully reviewing and delivering reports by understanding GSO's complex investment process, markets invested in, financial instruments used and reporting processes.
- 7-10 years experience in Operations, Accounting, or Finance group, preferably in a financial services industry-related role
- Performance reporting experience required (e.g. IRR, MOIC, etc.)
- Bachelors in Business, Accounting or a related field, or the equivalent work experience.
- Fund accounting experience required
- Credit experience a plus
- Background in Private Equity accounting or reporting preferred
- Ability to establish controls around financial data used in executive management information
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- A strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Results oriented, deadline driven resource person who thrives in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Committed to continuous process improvement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.