Global Head of Field & Channel - BNY Mellon Investment Management
ABOUT BNY MELLON GROUP
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the centre of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors.
BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and market capitalization of approximately $45.3 billion BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of over $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates;
- Investing over $1.9 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes;
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise;
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth managers ($266 billion assets);
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker- dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.9 trillion in client assets);
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions; and
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion).
In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums.
Relevant links: www.bnymellon.com BNY MELLON INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT:
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of three core strategic business units in BNY Mellon (the others being Investment Services and Wealth Management). We are one of the world's largest investment firms with over $2 trillion assets under management.
We believe the right results begin with being relevant to every client, whether it is engaging with them to create solutions, offering diversified strategies, or providing insights for better-informed decisions.
That is why we designed a model built around investors' needs to offer the best of both worlds: world-class investment firms with best-of-breed talent and unique cultures combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management. We connect investors with opportunities across every major asset class, globally.
Today, we have eight investment firms: Alcentra, ARX, Dreyfus Cash Investment Strategies, Insight, Mellon, Newton Investment Management, Siguler Guff and Walter Scott.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
Relevant links: www.bnymellonim.com THE OPPORTUNITY
This is an incredibly exciting time to join BNY Mellon Investment Management. Having completed a global brand strategy review in 2019 - which included the merger of business, legal entities and re-branding our retail products around the world to BNY Mellon - we are now seeking to hire the best talent to deliver on our brand promise through the experience that our clients and our employees have with us every day. As part of this, the Chief Marketing and Client Experience Officer is leading an end to end client experience transformation globally for BNY Mellon Investment Management. As part of this, we have reimagined our marketing and client experience teams - creating a number of central investment marketing hubs where we can operate at scale (e.g. Marketing Operations, Brand, CX, Global Demand) with localised Field Marketing teams across all major regions globally. Our aim is to achieve high global consistency and strong local relevance. As a result, we are seeking to hire a strong deputy to the Chief Marketing and Client Experience Officer to lead the Global Field Marketing Teams.
Several factors are converging to support the need for a more focused, data-driven and investor relevant field marketing team:
- Institutional and wholesale channels are converging. Additionally, we are significantly deepening our intermediary efforts. Both of these developments increase the need for targeted, buyer-specific marketing programs;
- Investors increasingly want to understand businesses at a deeper domain level. As part of our purpose driven responsible investing agenda, we are invested in the wellbeing of the world - and we want to communicate this effectively and be more connected to investors than anyone else; and
- Rapid digitisation of investment and client service offerings - means that performance alone is no longer the predominant factor by which investors select managers - over 76% of buyers believe CX plays a huge role.
We have significantly invested in our martech stack in recent years and are focused on driving demand and preference for our brand and products, being data-driven and focused in our marketing approach putting experience first - so we go beyond marketing to achieve total client satisfaction. THE ROLE
This role leads field marketing teams globally, including marketing strategy, product marketing, campaigns, growth and account-specific marketing programs. The Global Head of Field Marketing will lead a team that creates compelling messaging and brand positioning, collaborate with senior management and business unit heads to assist with growth strategy, enable sales team, and assist with future product category growth. They will lead global field strategy, ensuring alignment across the regions internationally for a cohesive and aligned client experience that reflects BNY Mellon Investment Management's positioning.
Key to this role will be the ability to lead and inspire a team of marketing professional who are responsible for developing specific local and account based marketing programs across regions to target prospects and clients directly or through channel partners operating within region in support of generating new demand and retaining and developing existing clients To deliver on this mandate, the role must work closely with central investment marketing functions- harnessing clear and consistent regional strategies and enabling the power of the marketing organisation to deliver. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
OUR EXPECTATION IS THAT PEOPLE WILL BRING:
- Oversee strategy formulation in markets globally to further penetrate, capture and maintain position in identified key market segments.
- Align closely with product and revenue teams to understand BNY Mellon's clients' needs, create go-to- market strategies, and create communication and collateral that reflects the company brand and ROI for clients.
- Partner with central marketing Hubs to share insights and requirements and to embed centrally developed campaigns, content, and utilisation of central execution services into plans.
- Communicate the value of marketing internally; drive high quality programs that increase visibility for the team and the client benefits.
- Drive continuous improvement across the function, ensure a fast feedback loop and necessary changes are made in a timely and effective manner. Build and develop a top performing team, ensuring a culture of action, and an agility suitable for a fast-growing company culture.
- Exercise a data-centric approach to gather customer/user insights and use data to improve future campaigns and results.
- Create and lead an agile culture, that marries instinct and data in its approach to testing new initiatives and ideas.
- To ensure that BNY Mellon IM is kept abreast of competitor activity and market developments globally and at a local level via the field marketing team and apply to marketing.
- Ensure Field Marketing build co-marketing plans with central functions in support of revenue targets to target prospects, accounts, and/or partners directly operating within their market(s). Ensuring best practice sharing.
- Represent BNY Mellon Investment Management Marketing on key committees including investment firm quarterly business reviews, BNY Mellon Enterprise marketing and communications, Global Distribution meetings as needed.
Qualifications EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Passion for excellence - we get it done and we strive to be extraordinary and continuously improve.
- Client Centricity - Putting the Client at the heart of all we do.
- Strength in diversity We seek out who is missing and help everyone feel included and we invest in each other's success.
- Empathy and integrity. We do what is right, always. We respectfully challenge even when it is difficult. We empathise with each other and seek to understand what it is like to be in our client's shoes and our people.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- We want to hire an individual that challenges consensus.
- Experience of successfully leading teams across regions globally.
- Industry knowledge an advantage but not mandatory.
- Evidence of using and deploying Software as a Solution
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
North America Distribution-HR11430 Requisition Number: