Global Markets, Data Analytics & Strategy, New York
Our newly formed Franchise Platform & Strategy (FPS) team within Securitized Products is hiring a front-office Data Analytics and Tech Strategy team member that will be instrumental in building the next generation platform for all client facing individuals. In this highly ambitious, innovative, and commercial role, you will be at the forefront of a data-driven initiative to optimize revenue generating decision making and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of each client interaction. This is an outstanding opportunity to be embedded in a diverse team within the business, while providing you the ability to apply your expertise and interests to guide our leaders and teams with data-driven insights to help further build a leading client franchise in Securitized Products.
Business Description: Securitized Products
The Securitized Products (SP) Group within Global Markets Credit finances, underwrites, and trades a variety of assets including, but not limited to, residential mortgage loans, commercial real estate loans, consumer receivables, and securities backed by such assets.
Team Description: Franchise Platform & Strategy (FPS)
- FPS is a cross-functional team in Securitized Products comprised of individuals with business, data, and technology focus and expertise
- FPS partners with sales, traders and asset finance in our Securitized Products businesses to understand and quantify opportunities, inefficiencies and workflow obstacles
- We will develop a new front-line platform of data-rich tools that deliver actionable insights to optimize decision making and help each part of our business develop deeper client relationships and generate significant revenues
- Encouraged to rapidly deliver prototypes and solutions that will be refined based on user feedback and usage to ensure these tools are intuitive, efficient, and generating tangible value
- Challenged to think creatively and analytically on the business and our client relationships, and suggest new metrics, tools, or strategic growth initiatives to pursue
- You will leverage/ loaded data, analytics, filters and visualizations to build dashboard experiences that will be used as business intelligence tools. You will do this by understanding Financial Data Entities and their correlation.
- Support the business in ad-hoc request to build multi-dimensional data cubes.
- Equivalent work experience of at least 1-5 years with HTML5, Tableau is a plus!
- Excellent quantitative and statistical modeling skills. A background in statistics, time series analysis and probability theory would be of particular interest.
- Outstanding programming skills - experience in C#, R or Python will be plus!
- Interest and desire to learn about financial markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and explain the ideas that underlie them
- Confidence to work in a fast paced environment and deliver results