- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Oct 17
Global Real Estate Project Manager
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
- A position as Senior Project Manager in the Global Real Estate Department.
- Candidate will be responsible for simultaneously managing interior fitout project teams in various countries and global time zones; the primary role is management of multiple remotely-located project management consultants, each of which in turn develop and manage a project team locally. Candidate will also on occasion manage smaller projects and project pre-planning activities (eg manage consultants for test fits, building due diligence, etc.) directly, without a project management consultant.
- Must be able to independently manage each project team from project inception to completion, through each phase of a given project: project budgeting, financial reporting, feasibility studies, schematic design, design development, construction documentation, bidding, construction, moves and close-out.
- Candidate will be responsible for creating budgets and schedules for each project, and for insuring these budgets and schedules are adhered to by the project team.
- Candidate will be responsible for defining project work scope, and for obtaining concurrence/approval from end user and Global Real Estate management.
- Candidate will be the primary point of contact for a given project, requiring effective leadership and communication with all involved parties including the local project team, Moody's IT department, Moody's Corporate Planning, Moody's local office head, Moody's senior management.
- Candidate will often be required to remotely manage consultants and vendors for whom English is a second language.
- Project work ranges from small renovations to full office fitouts and relocations.
- Occasional travel is required, on average approximately three trips per quarter (varies)
The Department / Team:
The Global Real Estate Department is based in New York, and manages real estate transactions and project management for Moody's offices around the world.
- Strong background in project management, focused on interior design, engineering and/or construction.
- Must have 10 years of relevant experience in project management, architecture, construction or engineering.
- Must have at least 8 years of experience managing interior fitout projects in a corporate environment.
- International or remote project team management experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent leadership and communication skills, both in managing project teams as well as senior level end users.
- Must have excellent time management skills, and the ability to self-prioritize workload
- Must demonstrate strong problem-solving skills: Recognize issue; Dimension potential solutions; Collaborate with all involved parties to select and implement best solution.
- Must have extremely strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be proficient in developing budgets and schedules
- Software skills: Word, Excel, Project, Autocad, Adobe Illustrator, Database, Webex
- Space Planning skills using Autocad and/or Adobe Illustrator preferred
- International travel experience preferred but not required
- Must have a functional understanding of Information Technology and Audio Visual systems installations. Experience in critical infrastructure (server room) installations preferred.
- Education: At least a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study (eg Architecture).
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.