- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Global Structured Trade Finance Transactor
Global Structured Trade Finance Transactor
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18066811
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Structured Trade Finance Transactor Role is a TTS (Treasury Trade Solutions) Product role responsible for supporting sales, banking and risk on client engagement for structured trade deals as well as deal approvals and execution with an emphasis on complex risk and credit framework under strong controls environment in order to support the expansion of our accessible wallet and enable the business to grow sustainably in a less price driven approach. The role reports directly to the Global Structured Trade Transactor Manager.
- Participate in the development of Trade Finance execution capabilities to address new market needs/products and an expanded target market.
- Originate and support/lead execution of new trade finance transactions in partnership with sales management, including:
- Advising clients on appropriate structures and value proposition
- Appraising attractiveness of certain opportunities for Citi
- Drafting proposals and securing credit approvals
- Negotiating legal documentation
- Define the best structure for the customer need considering the transaction impact for the customer and the bank is all the aspects from accounting treatment, RWA, level of recourse, operational easiness and risk, x-border limits, legal vehicle usage and jurisdiction
- Partnering with syndication desk to ensure adequate market appetite and manage internal capital objectives
- Partnering with Markets and CMO on combined and bundled offering and solutions
- Collaborating with portfolio management / operations to ensure an efficient and sustainable funding, operational, reconciliation and middle office processes
- Identify and validate prospects based on market research and knowledge in order to contribute to the expansion of business pipeline and revenue growth
- Identify replicable structures and opportunities across industry sectors and regions, and generate better connectivity amongst transactors in each region
- Support all aspects of the business (including import and export finance, receivables finance and sales finance, and inventory finance) and across regions. Responsibilities may also include ad hoc management initiatives to strengthen business returns and controls, generate alignment and consistency across regional best practices
- Collaboration across all functional partners including TTS Risk, Banking, Independent Risk, Operations, Compliance and FinCon will be critical to the candidate's success
- Develop complex structuring skills and innovative financing techniques for the evolving area of receivables and inventory finance
- Develop client management skills through the ongoing management of existing structured transactions and share-of-mind engagements on new opportunities
- Product knowledge: candidate will gain in depth knowledge of Citi's structural capabilities, with a focus on sales finance, import / export financing, receivables financing and inventory financing and how a global business is managed
- Corporate finance skills: what matters to our clients, why and what is Citi's value proposition
- Credit skills: throughout economic cycles, strong credit skills are the foundation of a successful banking career, involved on complex credit discussions and concepts
- Sales skills: Structuring experience will enable you to design and execute a customized and successful sale strategy
- Collaboration skills: Citi is an international and complex organization. You will need to build your own network to achieve success in this role
- Strong knowledge of transaction banking and cross border finance
- Direct experience in Trade and Cash Management products
- Experience with securitization or partial recourse structures and concept is a plus
- Experienced and familiar with Credit and Citi Credit Polices
- Emerging Market trade or loans experience highly appreciated
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- "Execution spirit" and Entrepreneurial nature,
- High level of energy and self-motivated
- Strong written communication skills, to be able to clearly articulate deal structures and highlight key transaction risks and mitigates
- Strong organizational skills, as there will be multiple deals/projects ongoing
- Strong understanding of Trade Finance business and network of functional partners
- Experience in Risk and/or Credit
- Inter-personal skills, including ability to maintain transparent channels of communication with other team members, clients, and other internal partners
- Strong Analytical skills and ability to understand and work with pricing and capital models
- Product development and innovation skills a strength;
- Finance, Math, Accounting or Engineering degree preferred
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and ambitious goals
- Can do attitude and passion for new products and solutions
- Insightful, with passion to translate risk and regulatory requirements into commercial opportunities preferred
- Excellent internal and external communicator and strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate complex details simply
- Knowledge of clients and markets preferred
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Demonstrates an appreciation for a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.