HNW Tax Associate
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 22 Jul 18 2018-07-22
HNW Tax Associate
Fiduciary Trust Company International has been a trusted investment manager for individuals, families and foundations for more than 80 years. With world-class capabilities in investment management, trust and estate services, and custody services, we have the expertise to meet the requirements of the most sophisticated clients and their advisors, and can help assure that their families' needs will be met long into future generations.
In 2001, Fiduciary Trust joined forces with Franklin Resources, Inc., a global investment management company operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Tax Associate?
- Assist in the preparation of tax returns, extensions, quarterly estimated tax payments
- Assist with creating and requesting checks and mailing federal and state estimated tax vouchers
- Preparation of household employer payroll taxes filings
- Processes electronic filing of tax returns
- Maintain tax refunds ledger
- Gain/Loss review and comparison
- Partnership K-1 data input and basis adjustments
- Maintain tax database for tracking of all client deadlines and filings
- Tax reporting system data maintenance
- Printing, collation and mailing of tax returns to clients
- Scanning/Organize electronic tax docs
- Printing and mailing notices to the IRS and State agencies
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
• Bachelor's Degree or above preferred
• 1-3 years administrative experience in a professional environment preferred
• Excel, Word and Outlook, with the ability to learn multiple tax programs
• Experience with ProSystem Tax or OneSource Trust Tax a plus, but not mandatory
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.