We are a global European bank with a thriving NYC office. We seek a seasoned professional to join us as the Head of Credit Risk, Energy Clients : a challenging job in a dynamic and international environment, triggering your analytical skills. The Head Credit Risk Energy Clients NA is a critical discussion partner of the Business Line. He or she will analyze the more complex credit proposals whereby decision making will be done in dialogue with the Business.
Corporate Credit Risk USA is part of the Risk USA organization and is representing the Global Credit Risk Energy Clients risk team, the Global Trade and Commodity Finance (“TCF”) risk team as well as the Transportation and Logistics (T&L) risk team in the USA. Corporate Credit Risk covers the Credit Analysis & Decisions on the respective credit proposals and risk monitoring and includes the following Client segments: Energy, Basic Materials, Food and Agriculture, Trade and Commodity Finance, Shipping and Intermodal Finance.
In this role:
- The Head Corporate Credit Risk USA manages the department (5 Credit Analysts as per December 2019) and plays an important role in the Analysis & Decision-making process of credit proposals introduced by the businesses. This includes: Revolving credits and term loans, committed and uncommitted facilities, loans and derivative transactions and for investment grade and non-investment grade Clients.
- The Head Corporate Credit Risk USA is a coach to his/her team, available and open for both content and personal development questions, and will provide the tools to give feedback to the 1st LoD and will support them.
- He/she translates an annual plan into concrete objectives and deliverables and concrete actions for the team and ensures it is actively involved and engaged in the bank’s activities.
- He or she supports and manages credit analysts in the analyses of non-standard and complex credit requests introduced by the business. In the analysis and decision-making process, the Head Corporate Credit Risk USA will take into account the proposed financing structure, the creditworthiness of the client, the fundamentals of the specific sector and consistency with the global credit policy of the bank. Based on this analysis the credit advice is presented to a credit authority that will take the final credit decision.
- The Head will be involved in pre-wash discussions and represent Credit Risk Management in discussions with commercial staff and/or a client. Moreover he or she may monitor part of the credit portfolio in an autonomous and pro-active way. The Head also takes initiatives towards risk management to preserve the interests of the bank.
- 10 to 15 years of banking experience with a structured credit risk management background in an international setting.
- In view of the size of the Energy portfolio (Exploration and Production and Midstream) US Energy credit risk experience is a requirement.
- Developed knowledge of financial and qualitative analysis and evaluation of cash-flow projections.
- Experience in managing a (small) team of professionals
- Excellent communication-, interpersonal- , writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines.
- Team player with flexible attitude and good communication skills.
- Delivery of prudent and accurate work.
- Proficiency with modern PC applications.