Head of Market Data Technology
- Base + Bonus( Very Competitive!)
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- IJC Associates, Inc
- 07 Dec 18
Our Client develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. They are seeking a Head of Market Data Technology to lead a team of developers.
The Client,a Multi-Billion Hedge Fund, is seeking an exceptionally talented individual to drive their initiatives in designing and implementing software to facilitate data integration with their trading and simulation systems. This person must be a strategic visionary who has demonstrated they can lead large scale, transformative initiatives.
A successful person will be a hands-on individual contributor while effectively leading a group of developers. As the use of data continues to become an edge for those who can harness its potential, The Firm's objective is to build the industry’s most sophisticated data platform and this person will help drive that effort.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Work with Trading/Research departments in designing and implementing new data sets
- Architect a robust alert and monitoring system including complex systematic checks
- Design and implement systems that track and manage data availability, access and usage
- Form a support team and business process around incidents
- Experience developing and leading off-shore and outsourced teams
- Drive a culture of innovation and accountability
- Degree in a quantitative or technical discipline from top university and strong academic scores
- Interest in applying technology to real situations, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, detail-oriented and capable of performing tasks under pressure
- Strong experience with C++ or other modern object oriented language
- Strong aptitude for design patterns, object oriented principals, complex algorithms and data structures
- Strong experience with scripting languages such as Python; and Interface with various databases
- In depth understanding of Market Structure i.e. real time data feeds, data processing, onboarding and distribution
- Experience with leading high performance teams working on projects at scale
- Have experience working in a Linux environment