Head of Market Outreach Americas
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
Head of Market Outreach Americas
The Role: Head of Market Outreach Americas
THE LOCATION: NYC
The Team: The Ratings Market Outreach team is responsible for the identification of, engagement with and development of client relationships across all Ratings sectors. These key client relationships include investors (asset managers, insurers, private equity sponsors etc.), intermediaries (arrangers, advisors, trade associations etc.), issuers and other key influencers. The team is global and will work closely (in a compliant manner) with the Analytical, Country, Sales and Marketing, and product development teams to build business opportunities and improve the S&P Ratings brand.
The Impact: The positon will develop and maintain relationships specific to their area, interact (in a compliant manner) with the relevant analytical practices and facilitate active engagement between the analytical team and key clients, collaborate with Country Managers and regulatory affairs (as appropriate) and work with the sales, marketing and product development teams to develop business opportunities and improve the S&P Ratings brand.
- Represents the 'first line' of engagement with the market in relation to analytical, research and criteria matters and facilitates effective interaction between the market and the analytical etc. teams to support this
- Acts upon market intelligence received as appropriate such as tracking commercial opportunities, feeding back criteria commentary or facilitating analytical education etc. and elevates strategic matters for consideration by senior management
- Improve the reputation of S&P ratings through ensuring professional dedicated interaction with the market which will beneficially impact the value we add to the global ratings market.
- Accountable for the development and execution of an annual and a three year market outreach plan for the Americas
- Contributes to innovation, product development and identification of commercial opportunities from market outreach interactions and is fully integrated into the commercial function
- Interacts and seeks feedback, on an ongoing basis, with internal and external customers in order to maximize impact of the role
- Contributes to the development, alongside the marketing and analytical teams, of a program of events targeted to achieve maximum impact with relevant clients
- Managerial responsibility for the performance, direction and development of a team of relationship managers
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- In-depth knowledge of various industry sectors and/or regional markets
- An understanding of S&P ratings business and products.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to connect and communicate with all (commercial and analytical) levels internally within an organization as well as externally at a senior level
- Working knowledge of relevant analytical criteria
- Experience in developing a team to ensure the delivery of a focused set of outcomes
- Experience in leading a team operating across different jurisdictions and asset classes to ensure delivery against objectives, development of individuals and associated management responsibilities
S&P GLOBAL RATINGS
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
EEO STATEMENT: NORTH AMERICA
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.