Head of North Am Events – Investment Management
Reporting to the Head of Marketing NA the Head of Eventsis responsible for planning and producing events, and managing sponsorships forBNY Mellon IM in North America. This person will have end to end responsibilityin the full life cycle of events: strategy, budget build and approval, vendorand supplier management, coordination with internal stakeholders, eventactivation and execution, and post event analysis and budgetreconciliation. This person will work closely with IM brand team and theircounter parts in EMEA to ensure consistency in brand, messaging, reporting andquality of execution globally. The Head of Events will also be responsible forstrategic planning, program management and activation of signature sponsorshipsof the San Francisco 49ers (Santa Clara) and title sponsorship of the Head ofthe Charles Regatta (Boston).
• Create and manage a portfolio of IM conferences &events including, but not limited to, investment forums, roadshows,roundtables, due diligence meetings, industry events, sponsorships and a smallnumber of internal events.
• Collaborate with IM marketing, global events teams anddistribution heads to align events plan with overall marketing programs in linewith objectives and business needs
• Provide strategic management, creative direction andactivation program management to all IM sponsorship properties.
• Support core IM business priorities by ensuring theapplication of business and marketing strategies and the application ofrelevant data in the selection of sponsorship marketing partnerships,acquisition of rights, benefits, assets and incentives, and execution.
• Work with regional IM marketing teams to ensuresponsorship assets are fully leveraged to support the brand and business goals.
•Program management: plan and execute pre- and post-eventcampaigns, agenda management, speaker management/selection, metrics andmeasurement,
• Work with global marketing operations to definemeasurement metrics and reporting plan to ensure a return on investment on allevents, conferences and sponsorship properties
• Direct a team of event management professionals and allexternal agencies engaged to support events, conferences and sponsorships.
• Administer all aspects of event, conference andsponsorship oversight, including attendee database development, programtimelines, budget forecasting, amenities and accommodations at each event, andthe negotiation of hotel, venue, airline, entertainment, catering andtransportation contracts - as well as ensuring event branding is in line withguidelines and managing event communications and analysis Qualifications
• Minimum 10 years in events capacity for a financialservices firm.
• Proven experience in directing distribution events andcorporate sponsorship programs.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management andcontract negotiation.
• An understanding of the investment management industry,intermediary distribution of mutual funds An advantage
• Demonstrated leadership skills and a proven ability tomotivate and manage event. Manage professionals (internally and externally) toachieve outstanding results.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and theability to identify and promote the development of communications talent withinstaff.
• Ability to think strategically and creatively, and tocommunicate such thoughts proactively, efficiently and effectively.
• Results driven individual with emphasis ontest-learn-refine.
• Collaboration and consensus building acumen.
• Demonstrated ability to manage changing requirementsand short timelines a plus.
• Take a proactive role in managing projects.
Travel Required: 25% BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
North America Distribution-HR11430 Requisition Number: