Head of US Regulatory Remediation Project Office - Senior Director
- $250,000 +++++
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Mondrian Alpha Recruitment Solutions
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
The Head of the US Regulatory Remediation Project Office will manage a central oversight team PMO that manages the reporting of a portfolio of programs to ensure robust and timely delivery of initiatives in-line with Senior Management, Board and regulatory expectations.
The US Regulatory Remediation Team is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the delivery of key programs for the Region based on the Company’s Strategic Regulatory initiatives. These programs will span various functional groups (e.g., Finance, Risk, Compliance, Treasury, etc.) and all lines of business. The Head of the US Regulatory Remediation Project Office will manage a central oversight team that manages the reporting of a portfolio of programs to ensure robust and timely delivery of initiatives in-line with Senior Management, Board and regulatory expectations.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage the Reporting for a portfolio of projects and resources to drive key Regulatory initiatives for the Americas.
- Provide regular reporting to executive management and independent directors of the Board on all aspects of the strategic regulatory remediation initiative.
- Meet with external regulators as needed to address remediation progress.
- Provide leadership and effective review and challenge across programs.
- Drive holistic end-to-end solutions to address the strategic and regulatory initiatives by partnering across business lines and control functions.
- Ensure proper governance structure over program and project meetings and updates.
- Drive projects to completion, ensuring key milestones and deadlines are met and any issues are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure that certain quality standards are met for communications with internal and external; stakeholders.
- A proven track record of successfully managing the reporting for large scale regulatory initiatives within the Investment Banking industry.
- Experience Leading a “Project Office! For highly visible, complex programs of work
- Good understanding of the macro Investment Banking environment and industry initiatives, particularly around regulation and risk.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise with handling responses to Regulators on Regulatory matters.
- In depth knowledge of the front to back trade lifecycle and processes associated with financial markets from sales / structuring / pricing, through trading onto back / middle office and associated control functions.
- In depth understanding and application of project management methodologies across the entire delivery lifecycle.
- Experience with defining, scoping and managing change programs across diverse stakeholder groups, ensuring appropriate sponsorship, governance, funding and resources.
- Effective leader and motivator
- Delivery focused with ability to prioritize multiple requirements and requests to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to influence key decision makers, peer groups and functions outside direct control.
- Adept at synthesizing large amounts of information and providing concise messaging.
- Demonstrate thought leadership, innovation, good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Assertive with excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization including senior business sponsors and key service providers.
- Has the confidence and ability to convincingly structure, summarize, present and defend recommendations.
- Strong project management skills, ability to balance workload and prioritize effectively, and ability to meet commitments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with teams, matrix management, and multiple stakeholder.