Hedge Fund SW Developer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Integrated Management Resources
- 11 Jan 18 2018-01-11
junior software developer to work with their quantitative research team.
My client is a highly established, multi-billion dollar NYC quantitative hedge fund (not AQR, 2S, DES) which is currently seeking to hire a junior software developer to work with their quantitative research team.
What You Need
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering from an outstanding undergrad program (note: PhD would not be a good fit)
- 1-3 years of industry experience – experience with equities preferred, but not required
- Very strong skills in Python and Perl
- Strong Intellectual Curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- Great persuasion skills and ability and willingness to defend your work product
- Driven, self-starter with ability to be successfully manage one’s own projects
What You Will Do
Managing, developing software and implementing or making improvements to existing models
Working on analytical tools to analyze risk in the portfolio and introduce new technologies to the table that the fund could utilize
- A firm that encourages creative, out-of-the-box thinking, instead of stifling it
- Your ideas will get implemented quickly -- small quant fund with little bureaucracy or politics to impede your productivity
- Learn daily from and interface with extremely bright and accomplished professionals in the quant industry
- Highly competitive compensation
If you satisfy these criteria, please contact Jordan Rockowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org . If for some reason this role does not align with your current career objectives, I would be grateful if you would forward this on to a colleague who might be qualified.