- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Hybrid Cloud Engineer- VP
Hybrid Cloud Engineer- VP
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18046263
The CATE CitiDeveloper group is a global team that provides architectural and development support to all development groups across Citigroup as well as being involved in developing strategic enterprise shared services solutions to be used by the Investment Bank, Consumer Bank, and Corporate businesses.
The Hybrid Cloud developer environment project is a strategic greenfield project with the potential to have a dramatic impact on the productivity and capabilities for developers across the enterprise.
Citi employs over 50,000 people in technology and prides itself on being a diverse meritocracy where talent is recognized and promoted.
Citigroup Architecture and Technology Engineering (CATE), is an organisation comprising:
enterprise architecture, infrastructure engineering and design, application development engineering, emerging technology and technology vendor management.
CATE's goal is to improve IT's time to market and the effectiveness of our IT environment and processes. The approach is to integrate the disciplines of Architecture, Development Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering to maximize the consistency and quality of these services and to accelerate the adoption of technologies that provide competitive advantage to our businesses.
CATE CitiDeveloper is responsible for strategy, engineering and delivery of central developer tools that underpin Citi Software Development including code editors/IDEs, source code version control, ALM platforms, Build/CI, binary repositories and dependency management, code quality, vulnerability scanning and others.
The position is for a hands-on technical Hybrid Cloud Engineer with a focus on supporting application development teams across Citi with code writing and testing capabilities in the public cloud while their source code management and other strategic capabilities are maintained in the internal development cloud.
• You will work closely with application developers and sector architects across various departments at Citi to learn about their needs
• You will write code in Java, unix shell scripting and/or Python and deploy it to production Linux servers
• You will architect/develop/support enterprise scale systems/tools/frameworks/libraries for global use across Citi's Technology groups
• You will provide Unix/Linux development tool subject matter expertise to the application development communities at Citi
• You will proactively identify and implement opportunities that enable the development groups to provide the best solutions to their businesses.
• You will understand technology industry trends, how they impact our future solutions and provide strategic direction for the development community
• You will evaluate and provide technical solutions to solve a variety of complex and interdependent processes and application integrations
• You will evaluate and perform POC on new strategic technical products and applications.
• You will manage problems/defects with existing solutions and drive issues to resolution
• Strong demonstrable experience in system solutions design (coming from a development background)
• Experience with IAAS and PASS public cloud computing offering from AWS or Google.
• Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity) - Pipeline, Plugins.
• Hands-on Java & Linux/Unix platforms development experience for Enterprise applications
• Hands on Unix shell scripting
• Experience with REST web services
• Experience with build tools make, maven, gradle, ant
• Experience with GIT SCM
• Experience with spring modules is a plus
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle - including unit testing, code scanning
• Strong understanding of working in an Agile environment.
• Familiarity with data persistence technologies both SQL (Oracle) and NoSQL (MongoDB)
• Windows Security (LDAP, Active Directory) a plus
• Knowledge of DevOps tools (Docker, Chef etc.) is a plus.
• Experience with binary repository managers such as Artifactory and Nexus a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including social networking and blogging
• Strong interpersonal skills both in person or over the phone/video
• Ability to work independently as part of a remote team
• Good analytical skills, ability to contribute in design discussions and problem solving sessions
• An appetite for taking on challenges and leveraging new technologies.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of overall experience in a technology position required
• 3-5 years experience with Java and Linux with enterprise scale applications
• 2 years experience with a public cloud offering from AWS or Google
• 2 years experience with CI and DevOps tools.
• Gain experience of a mature architecture process in one of the largest financial institutions in the World
• Expand and broaden understanding of a whole multitude of technologies
• Exposure to new key vendor technologies before general release
• Benefit from interaction with global development teams.
• Develop relationships with key vendors
• Part of a global development community of more than 15,000 developers.
• Career progression potential into higher technology management or architecture for the right individual