- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 26 May 18
IBCM, FIG, ASO, New York - 111932
The Financial Institutions Group covers a variety of sectors including Asset Management/Hedge Funds/Private Equity, Banks & Depository Institutions, Specialty Finance (commercial and consumer finance companies, Mortgage REITs and new financial service opportunities), Insurance, Latin America FIG, and Financial Technology & Brokerages (market exchanges, traditional and e-brokers, bank and payment services and processors).
Investment Banking Associates work on a broad array of domestic and international transactions. Our bankers execute mergers and acquisitions, raise capital for clients, guide companies through financial restructuring, discuss strategic alternatives geared towards competitive growth, and provide other advisory services. As an associate you will work alongside some of the industry's best and brightest bankers and have exposure to senior people at a diverse set of companies. Our clients span all industries and regions, and through the coverage and deal teams, Associates get the chance to have high visibility, impact and recognition. Credit Suisse's Associates assume a high degree of responsibility for both project management and client relationship building through a wide array of activities.
Associates responsibilities include:
- Working with senior coverage officers to develop innovative solutions for client companies
- Building complex models that help companies understand how they are valued by the market
- Following an industry to learn the key drivers and trends that influence companies' decisions
- Helping management teams craft the storyline to position their companies for sale
- Traveling with clients on road shows and with senior bankers on site visits
- Building a network of colleagues both inside CS and outside that will strengthen your career throughout your professional life
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Requirements: Interested candidates must have completed an MBA or equivalent graduate degree and have at least one year of Investment Banking experience. Individuals who have completed a third year as an Investment Banking Analyst without getting an MBA are welcome to apply. Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks candidates with a common set of abilities:
- Demonstrated academic achievement, specifically in finance and accounting
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Solid interest in the financial sector
- Excellent PC skills with advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint