- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 25 May 18
IBCM, M&A, ASO, New York
An opportunity to join the Mergers & Acquisitions Group in the Investment Banking Department as an Associate. Our Mergers & Acquisitions Group is one of the world's top M&A advisory groups. For more than three decades, our M&A professionals have been at the forefront of providing advisory services to clients in many industries and countries.
The M&A Group consists of professionals located in New York, London, Hong Kong and around the globe. The Group has an unsurpassed level of industry, regional and product expertise, with a special expertise in executing cross-border transactions.
Whether advising on a multi-billion dollar merger or a $100 million divestiture, Credit Suisse brings superior innovation, experience and capabilities to each of our clients around the world.
As an Associate, you will work on a broad array of domestic and international transactions. Our bankers execute mergers and acquisitions, raise capital for clients, guide companies through financial restructuring, discuss strategic alternatives geared towards competitive growth, and provide other advisory services. As an associate you will work alongside some of the industry's best and brightest bankers and have exposure to senior people at a diverse set of companies. Our clients span all industries and regions, and through the coverage and deal teams, Associates get the chance to have high visibility, impact and recognition. Credit Suisse's Associates assume a high degree of responsibility for both project management and client relationship building through a wide array of activities.
Associate responsibilities include:
- Working with senior coverage officers to come up with new ideas to pitch to companies
- Traveling on road shows and site visits
- Helping management teams craft the storyline to position their companies for sale
- Building complex models that help companies understand how they are valued by the market
- Following an industry to learn the key drivers and trends that influence companies' decisions
- Creating defense profiles that help a CEO understand the company's vulnerabilities to hostile takeovers
- Building a network of colleagues both inside CS and outside that will strengthen your career throughout your professional life
Our US regional breadth offers unique opportunities to execute transactions from conception to close, which differentiates Credit Suisse from our competitors. Our robust middle market practice means you get the chance early in your career to work on deals where you will carry significant responsibility and have extensive direct client coverage.
Interested candidates must have completed a graduate degree program and have at least one year of Investment Banking Associate experience, preferably in Mergers & Acquisitions. Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, and seeks candidates with a common set of abilities - highly motivated and creative individuals who have demonstrated academic achievement and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. We look for intelligent, driven and hardworking candidates with consistent leadership involvement, and a solid interest in the financial sector.
In addition, the candidate must demonstrate:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
• Demonstrated academic achievement, specifically in finance and accounting
• Strong modeling and quantitative skills
• Ability to multi-task among several projects concurrently with strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Substantive M&A deal experience