IBCM, PMG, ANL, New York
The Credit Research Analyst role provides the opportunity to work in the Portfolio Management Group ("PMG") at Credit Suisse, part of the Corporate Bank. PMG is responsible for handling the Firm's global corporate bank loan exposure. The group has offices in London and New York with 14 Credit Research Analysts reporting to the Director of Research ("DoR") and supporting four Portfolio Managers ("PMs").
The Research Analysts within PMG's New York group have primary responsibility for assessing the financial health and creditworthiness of corporate counterparties to which CS has extended credit. The Analysts conduct fundamental research, credit surveillance and assist with portfolio positioning.
- Understand operational and financial drivers for counterparties in their assigned sector(s)
- Develop an investment perspective on each counterparty and communicate views to the PMs, the DoR, PMG traders and other constituencies within Credit Suisse (including Credit Risk Management, the Enterprise Valuation Group and Corporate Lending)
- Maintain updated financial models, credit ratings and outlooks
- Perform ad hoc company analyses in support of the Firm's underwriting activities
- Through Credit Surveillance, the analysts:
- Analyze quarterly earnings and participate in significant company-sponsored conference calls
- Maintain detailed enterprise valuation and recovery analyses for HY credits in the portfolio
- Attend conferences, bank meetings, and other events to insure depth of perspective
- Maintain dialogue with companies, sell-side analysts, buy-side analysts and rating agencies
- Through Portfolio Positioning, the analysts:
- Review rankings of the credits in the portfolio with senior members of the group
- Monitor loan and CDS trading levels for opportunistic entry and exit points
- Recommend hedging strategies to manage risk within coverage universe
- 1 to 2 years of relevant and similar experience in a credit or equity position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good financial modeling skills, including proficiency in Excel
- General understanding of accounting and financial reporting
- Effective organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to lead multiple projects at once
- Strong desire to discover answers to fundamental research questions through detailed analysis
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Embracing diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.