IBD Technology - Product Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 17 Jan 19
IBD Technology - Product Manager
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We deliver applications for Investment Banking that support all aspects of advisory deal origination and new issue underwriting, including client targeting, idea generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book-building and revenue reporting.
IBD Engineering Product Manager will work closely with global IBD business and IBD Engineering leadership to define a product strategy and roadmap for top key initiatives. He/she will engage with stakeholders globally across IBD Banking teams, Engineering teams and other federation teams to deliver the product strategy/roadmap, follow through on execution and achieve high adoption rate of bankers. He/she will directly report to co-head of IBD Technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Partnering with IBD business to fully understand the workflow/requirements and work together to design commercial solutions.
• Define and execute the product roadmap which meets business' current and future needs.
• Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the business and cross-divisional engineering.
• Work closely with IBD Engineering Leadership and development teams to ensure prioritization and execution.
• Drive adoption across global IBD business on the new products and demise legacy products swiftly.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 4+ years of product manager or software development experience in products / strategy in a large scale across global offices and 1000+ users.
• Demonstrated ability working closely with senior stakeholders across the business and technology to design solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and influence various stakeholders and internal teams for the right outcome.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical, organizational, and relationship-building skills.
• Proven record of driving product adoption globally.
• Degree in engineering, computer science or related field preferred.
• IBD experience preferred.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.