Inbound RIA Operations Support
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
Inbound RIA Operations Support
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Role Overview :
• Review and monitor the processing of managed account applications and service requests.
• Respond to inquiries from Eagle Strategies Advisors and their clients on a daily basis by receiving inbound calls via the Eagle Operations support line.
• Assist the Internal Consultant and Portfolio Specialist Teams with new cases by providing operational expertise.
• Work with Eagle Strategies business partners to ensure that technology workflows are operating correctly and efficiently.
• Identify and resolve operational and compliance issues that may arise during daily activities.
• Complete special projects and participate in presentations as needed.
• Proactively identify process improvements and work to implement the solutions in an effort to build efficiencies and increase productivity.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 0-2 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of the managed account industry
• Series 6 or 7 will be required within 6 months of start date
• Series 65 or 66 to follow within a year of passing the Series 7 or Series 6
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Strong customer service skills and comfort with inbound/outbound calls
• Schedule flexibility and strong work ethic. Willingness to accommodate department's extended business hours.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.