Industry Head, Healthcare
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
Industry Head, Healthcare
The Role: Industry Head, Healthcare
The Location: Charlottesville, VA; Boston, MA; New York, NY
The Team: We are seeking a director to lead our expansion into healthcare markets. As the Industry Head, you will lead the segment for non-financial corporate clients as well as serve as the product lead for healthcare content and workflows on all Market Intelligence platforms.
The Impact: The healthcare group business covers the pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, life sciences and healthcare technology industries. As the group leader, you will develop products, accelerate adoption and usage, increase global market penetration, drive client retention and ultimately grow the overall revenue of the business. In order to achieve these goals, you will establish the strategic direction of the group, build customer profiles and targeting strategies, identify organic and non-organic business opportunities and collaborate with a wide range of internal and external partners.
This is a new initiative, and as a group manager, you set the direction for developing value propositions for an entire suite of products. Regularly meeting with strategic partners, senior executives, and clients to identify global opportunities, you will run the product development process and develop a robust pipeline for long-term growth.
What's in it for you: This is a rare opportunity to lead a major expansion that delivers essential intelligence to the healthcare industry. You will be supported by a global team of professionals who have a track record of developing and growing sustained business lines. We champion the entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and teamwork that set the bar for excellence.
Business Accountability - 20%
- Overall accountability for financial performance and key measurements for success
- Measure, monitor and improve profit-and-loss for the group
- Build and articulate strategic vision of the healthcare sector including segmentation, sizing and key opportunities
- Partner with the sales team and conduct diagnostic research with clients to uncover client and market needs
- Conduct win / loss analysis and perform competitive analysis
- Translate analysis into insights and actionable solutions to support long-term product vision & strategy
- Identify and prioritize product development opportunities
- Create product and go-to-market roadmaps for key features and initiatives (including driving awareness of existing product) with the goal of defining what will done out and when, and regularly meet with business partners and senior leaders to drive each roadmap
- Build client acquisition/retention plans around each new initiative
- Work with sales and customer support to create applicable and valuable collateral
- Collaborate and support sales & market with lead generation and adoption
- Participate in industry-focused activities and create thought leadership
- Measure adoption and performance for your clients and products
What We're Looking For:
- College degree in a related field, MBA with concentration in finance preferred
- Minimum 7+ years' experience in finance or financial services
- Understanding of healthcare sector or direct healthcare sector experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement business improvements
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Experience with leading a P&L and with business development
20-30% Travel, including International
About S&P Global Market Intelligence At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies : S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.