Infrastructure Operations Security Engineer
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today’s global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Group is seeking an Infrastructure Operations Security Engineer to join the Infrastructure Operations team within Fitch’s IT Infrastructure Group. The team is responsible for Daily System Operations, Server Patching, Monitoring, Backup systems and our Configuration Management Database (CMDB). The Infrastructure Operations team is expanding to cover security response and monitoring.
Fitch Group is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and customer service to join our growing team as an Infrastructure Operations Security Engineer. The Infrastructure Operations Security Engineer will focus on the operational aspect of Infrastructure security including threat protection, detection and response. The position is responsible for security information and event management systems and procedures.
They will partner with our Information Security Team, and Infrastructure Engineering teams to investigate and mitigate security events. The Infrastructure Operations Security Engineer will be accountable for the development and documentation of our security operations playbook including all related policies and procedures.
The Infrastructure Operations Security Engineer will be the primary liaison for a team of offshore security analysts and ensuring that the offshore Security Analysts are following proper procedures and are completing their tasks within established SLA windows. The Infrastructure Operations Security Engineer is also involved in evaluating and scheduling system patches, upgrades and changes.
Infrastructure Operations Security Engineer determines root cause of complex network and system problems. Additional responsibilities include: resolving escalated trouble tickets; preforming server maintenance and updates, replacing hardware as needed; updating Operating Systems; performing PC imaging as required; assisting in maintenance calls relating to workstations, software and servers; trouble shooting and resolving server event logs and communication systems; and participating in the implementation phase for projects
- High level proficiency with Infrastructure Security concepts
- Working knowledge of the Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of AWS and Cloud based systems.
- Highly Effective problem solving skills
The candidate must possess the following skills, experiences and qualities:
- A minimum of 5 years of hands on information security experience
- Ability to formulate and develop security response strategy that aligns with the goals of the business.
- Experience with Linux and Microsoft servers, enterprise monitoring, digital forensics, system performance monitoring tools
- Experience with SumoLogic a plus
- Experience with Security monitoring tools such as ATA, Upgaurd, or similar
- Solid background in network, storage and DNS services
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well on collaborative, cross-functional teams. Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with people of all levels of information technology expertise with a wide range of constituencies and organizational relationships
- Understanding of Project Management tools, techniques and methodologies including agile
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience preferred
- Working knowledge of utilizing API calls and webhooks to automate processes
- Fluent in a scripting/programing language such as Python, Perl or Php
- Ability and predisposition to create automation and self-service options to better support our customers.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp