Innovation & Technology Project Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Innovation & Technology Project Manager
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
The Assurance Innovation group is developing capabilities leveraging the latest in Open Source technologies to automate and accelerate our client engagements across the enterprise. We are focused on incorporating the latest in machine learning, Big Data, NoSQL, cutting edge development languages,
and advanced data processing techniques to include structured and unstructured information in a loosely coupled ecosystem delivering a technology platform that positions PwC for the future.
The Product Management team transforms the way PwC does business. The team helps develop cutting edge data analytic and automation applications using the latest technologies on both big and small but complex data sources. They help shape how the firm goes to market and enters new markets through the products we help define, develop and deliver. The team works on the cutting edge of technologies in an applied context to develop these systems.
The Product Management team builds systems which are immediately operational and which conform to agile methodologies. They strive for a deep understanding of the technologies involved and will work closely with engineers to ensure products built are best in class. They have a passion for problem solving, communication, organization, and ultimately a customer focus. In this hands-on position, they work to increase the speed and efficiency of our ability to bring products to market, by supporting the timely delivery, quality and transparency of data to support the companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s business decisions.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 2.5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in project leadership as part of a Project Management Office or providing project management advice and/or assistance, emphasizing the following areas:
- Developing and implementing common forms of project management procedures and tools, including project plans, governance structure, status reporting, communication framework and/or issue registers; and,
- Establishing a communication framework and cadence, monitoring progress against project plans, and mitigating project issues and risks.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success advising or assisting multi-disciplinary teams across complex engagements with multiple workstreams and stakeholders, emphasizing the following areas:
- Advising and/or assisting teams in fast-paced, high-pressure environments with the ability to prioritize and complete tasks according to client needs;
- Working both as a collaborative member of a high-performing team and working independently and proactively;
- Leveraging problem-solving and business analysis, including exhibiting flexibility to manage through unanticipated issues, ad hoc requests, and exercising professional skepticism and judgment;
- Collaborating confidently and effectively with teams and clients at various levels of the organization;
- Maintaining client relationships and working effectively with other professional advisors such as bankers, auditors, etc.;
- Leveraging effective business writing and verbal skills, including leveraging negotiation and consensus-building to achieve results;
- Contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, proactively seeking clarification and feedback, and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; and,
- Demonstrating extensive business and project management acumen and executive presence and professionalism, especially when collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams and managing multiple stakeholders.