Innovations - Senior Messaging Engineer
Job Description: Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $554 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at Blackstone.com Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone Business Unit:
Innovations Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Innovations (BXi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge. Job Title:
Senior Messaging Engineer Job Description:
The Senior Messaging Engineer is responsible for technical design, implementation, and operational support across Blackstone's Messaging Services. You will be responsible for contributing to a program of change including the creation of ongoing framework of global standards in support of the company's business and technical goals. Blackstone plans to have all mailboxes moved to Office 365 this year and now is an exciting time to join and be a part of this process. In addition, we plan on leveraging new features from AzureAD, Exchange Online, Office 365, etc and now is the time to help in this migration as well as help design new ways to enable our employees to succeed in their roles. Responsibilities:
- Ensure our Office 365 and messaging infrastructure is stable and plan for any upcoming changes released by Microsoft
- Continuously improve our Office 365 environment to take advantage of new features and/or enable our users using existing features that could benefit the firm and employee productivity
- Architect and implement automation ensuring a consistent and reliable environment
- Contribute to workflow across change requests, documentation, ticketing, and meeting facilitation
- Efficiently troubleshoot/prioritize issues and create a culture of root cause analysis
- Responsible for configuration, management, and support of global Messaging infrastructure (included cloud hosted services associated with it) with careful regard to availability, connectivity, performance, and security
- Provide escalation support to the IT Service Desk/Desktop support teams
- Coordinate vendor escalations by acting as a bridge between the vendor's engineering resources and Blackstone
- Continuously move Blackstone forward by researching new and emerging technologies
- Participate and oversee audit efforts related to Messaging Services
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The ideal candidate has worked extensively with a range of messaging services and has been heavily involved in the design and implementation of global communications platform. Due to the demanding nature of Finance, the ability to learn rapidly and think outside the box is as important as the technical skills. Required Messaging Skills:
- Expertise in designing, configuring, supporting and maintaining Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, or 2016
- Office 365 / Exchange Online experience for mailbox provisioning, mail flow, troubleshooting issues, etc.
- Understanding of Exchange architecture and all components (hub transports, edge servers, DAGs, etc)
- Mail Routing and Transport rules including common techniques to redirect emails and whitelist/tag emails for security purposes
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise email services and all related sub-systems (email archive and journaling, OWA, mailbox migrations, etc)
- Experience with cloud-based spam gateways (Messagelabs, Proofpoint, EOP, etc)
- Excellent PowerShell skills to manage and automate all functions of Exchange
- Experience with electronic communication capturing (Smarsh, Actiance, GlobalRelay, etc)
- Experience supporting E-discovery tools, such as Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator, Compliance Accelerator, and Clearwell.
- Knowledge of Exchange Web Services and application integration
- Mastery of communication protocols including SMTP, MAPI, HTTP, & EWS
The candidate should display the following:
- Office 365 mailbox migrations and issues / lessons learned
- Escalation support for Outlook/Mailbox issues in general as well as common migration support issues
- Proficient knowledge of Exchange Hybrid architecture including configuration and support
- Authentication methods for Mailboxes, Shared Mailboxes, Internal Applications, etc. including Modern Authentication for AzureAD
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory infrastructure and all related services (DNS, DHCP, etc)
- Proficient with Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2016 system administration
- Understanding of Group Policy, Certificate Authority and Authentication protocols (Kerberos/NTLM/ADAL)
- An Entrepreneurial attitude
- A passion for learning with a keen desire to grow
- A measured and rational approach to solving problems
- Possesses excellent problem-solving skills
- A positive team player with excellent communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills and passion to build strong relationships
- Organized, reliable and flexible
- An ability to thrive under pressure
- Accountability with regards to deadlines
- An ability to respond quickly to changing business needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.