Insight Investment - Sales Support Associate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 14 Sep 17
Insight Investment - Sales Support Associate
Insight is a specialist asset manager at the forefront of designing and delivering investment solutions specifically to meet our clients' evolving investment needs. Launched in 2002, we have grown to be one of the largest asset managers in the UK, winning industry recognition for our investment capabilities across liability driven investment, fixed income, multi asset and absolute return. Insight has $603 billion in assets under management as of December 2015.
Innovation is key to our investment capability. With a focus on doing only what we are good at, we continue to look for opportunities to grow and develop our business across new client channels and countries. The key to our success is, and will always be, the high quality of our professionals combined with the partnerships we create with our clients.
Insight's top strategic growth objective is our expansion into the North American market. This role is to support that strategic objective.
The distribution division is responsible for managing Insight's relationships with its clients and prospects. In North America, we have substantial interaction with the BNY Mellon distribution organization, particularly the North America Institutional Distribution (NAID) team.
Purpose of role:
The Sales Support Team performs a vital role supporting Insight's business development activities with particular focus on intermediary channels.
The primary objective is to provide a responsive, high quality day-to-day support service for the business development team.
- Support all facets of sales and marketing efforts through intermediary channels (BNY and third party)
- Develop and maintain a deep technical knowledge of Insights products in the US and how they Assist Intermediary Distribution team members to manage, enhance, and develop channel relationships ensuring all critical needs are met.
- Respond to informational requests from various constituents, including RFIs, intermediary inquiries, sales analysis, etc.
- Coordinate routine updates of all standard marketing material
- Maintain critical activity, opportunities, notes, and contact information in Salesforce
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and presentations
- Bachelor's degree in investments, finance, economics or related business discipline required.
- Series 7/63 licenses required
- PC proficient in Windows environment (MS-Office suite) and experienced with CRM systems (Salesforce)
- 5 or more years of experience in a sales or sales support role in financial services
- Knowledge of mutual fund and related asset management products, distribution, pricing, and support requirements
- Working knowledge of the Investment Company/Advisors Acts of 1940 and the various related aspects of the fund management industry including understanding of the competitive landscape and market trends, product structures, distribution requirements, best practices, compliance requirements
- Self-motivated with an initiative and desire to succeed, and a strong focus on client service.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, stay flexible, prioritize and deliver against tight deadlines
- Ability to identify and maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive client information, and company data/information that has not been made public
- Develop strong relationships with colleagues in business development, consultant relations, the RFP /Marketing team/document production teams, key NY and UK portfolio managers, and more broadly across Insight including investment management
- Develop efficient working relationships with key counterparts within the BNYM organization, primarily NAID.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 30304
Job: Asset Management
Requisition Number: 1712617