New York | Stamford
Point72 A Career with Point72's Intelligence Team
Intelligence Analysts at Point72 identify, monitor, and assess compliance risk. We support senior management by providing strategic assessments, actionable recommendations and real-time escalations. Intelligence Analysts work as part of a team-we collaborate with colleagues, produce short- and long-term written assessments, and brief senior leaders. We are tasked with conveying complex, evidence-based insights in writing and briefings, often times working with fragmentary or partial information. We seek to understand the big picture so that we can explain its significance to our consumers. Intelligence also monitors employee activity for evidence of violations of applicable federal securities laws, internal compliance policies and procedures, and relevant rules and regulations enforced by the SEC, FINRA, and other organizations. To succeed as an Intelligence Analyst at Point72, you must embody the following values:
As an Intelligence Analyst at Point72 you will:
- Teamwork: we collaborate and support each other to accomplish our goals. We push each other to be better because we are only as strong as our weakest member.
- Innovation & Excellence: we don't settle and we don't believe in "good enough". We bring our best effort every day and are committed to constant improvement.
- Integrity: we demonstrate the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Our work is truthful, direct, and unbiased. We protect sensitive and confidential information and exercise discretion in all aspects of our work.
- Courage: we are not afraid to fail. We accomplish difficult and high-stakes work in an environment with a high degree of uncertainty. We may sometimes be wrong, but we learn from our mistakes and improve.
- Curiosity: We always ask "why"? We don't accept the first answer or the easy answer; our goal is to understand. We don't just report information; we put information into context and provide insight and analysis. We solve puzzles even when we don't have all the pieces.
- Define intelligence questions and issues clearly, and appropriately scope research and projects
- Produce sophisticated and well-written analysis that provides insight, not simply information
- Monitor employee communications for potential violations of relevant laws, rules, regulations, and policies
- Analyze employee trading activity
Intelligence Analysts join Point72 from a wide-range of academic and professional backgrounds; many have prior experience working in the US Intelligence Community, but some join soon after completing graduate or professional school. You should be excited and able to quickly learn about the industry, but no prior experience in finance is required. You also need
We take care of our people
- A positive attitude, dedication to our team's mission and a creative and analytic mind
- Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of professional experience, or;
- Graduate or professional degree and 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong writing and presentation skills
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.