- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Investment Lab Analyst (Portuguese)
Investment Lab Analyst (Portuguese)
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Relationship Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18046911
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Global Investment Lab is an integral part of Citi Private Bank's investments organization, dedicated to delivering comprehensive, analytical and highly customized investment strategies with specific actionable solutions for ultra-high-net-worth relationships. The position has a responsibility for driving results, enabling sales and enhancing the bank's revenue generating efforts. This role will have a primary focus on Brazil region as part of supporting Latin America.
Our holistic consultative sales process is designed to create sophisticated implementation plans drawing on the best global thinking and customizing it to the needs of the end client for their particular situation. The strategy adopted by the group is based upon strong teamwork globally and a highly supportive and inclusive attitude towards other colleagues in the Private Bank and across Citi.
The Investment Lab Analyst will have the opportunity to conduct bespoke strategic and tactical asset allocation, portfolio optimization and construction, risk identification, fund and capital market strategies, and statistical modeling. He/She will be responsible for coverage of Brazil. It requires a unique focus on innovation as it is a cornerstone of the Global Investment Lab. The team is responsible for three key areas:
• Client Analytics (provision of client-specific analytics and recommendations based upon clients' needs and portfolio holdings, covering assets and liabilities)
• Product Strategy (Articulation of global and regional themes, positioning our solutions offering and strategy development)
• Business Management (Identifying opportunities for CPB and our clients (segments) through analysis of the book of business, clients' portfolios and markets or product trends).
The Investment Lab Analyst is expected to facilitate client analyses by collaborating with the Lead Lab Analyst, bankers and Investment Counsellors to identify issues, establish the right approach for the analysis, manage analyst team members in conducting analysis and be able to discuss the results directly with the client. He/she will design custom asset allocation, know our "focus list" managers and key products, and communicate clearly to a client the Citi Private Bank views and how to apply them to the client's portfolio.
This position would suit a proactive and energetic analyst with a sales/commercial mindset, and the ability to manage his/her time around business priorities. The opportunities for skill-set growth are high because of the wide range of subjects covered.
Analysis & Advice
• Design customized strategic and tactical asset allocation strategies for clients' portfolios using proprietary models and tools. Comprehensive investment strategies may be multi-asset class or within a single asset class and can incorporate a client's total balance sheet and cash flow needs, including their philanthropy goals as well as their generational transfer requirements.
• Perform in-depth analysis on individual investment products, strategies, and portfolios across asset classes.
• Perform statistical modeling across asset classes.
• Collaborate with Private Bankers and Investment Counselors to develop objective, actionable proposals to clients.
• Interact with clients to present and discuss portfolio analysis and investment proposals. Discuss and educate others - internally and externally - in work topics openly and confidently.
• Consistent work towards developing innovative solutions, tools and frameworks for global Investments organization.
• Position relevant CPB's global and regional themes.
• Identify opportunities for CPB and our client segments via analysis of the book of business and markets/product trends
• Inclusive investment and portfolio positioning and/or research, liaising with regional and global counterparts across the Private Bank and Citi as a whole.
• Participate in development, education and rollout of global initiatives, analytical tools and methods.
• Consistently follow and support regulatory policies
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Advanced knowledge of Modern Portfolio Theory, asset allocation techniques, portfolio simulation, risk analytics, financial markets and investment strategies.
• Solid knowledge of Capital Markets and Managed Investment products including derivatives and alternative investments.
• Familiarity with financial modelling (including Monte Carlo simulation, optimization, and regression) and statistical analysis tools.
• Strong written / verbal / proposal communication skills.
• Soft skills include a can-do attitude, sense of ownership and a team-player approach.
• Travel: 10-20%
• Educational: Bachelor's degree or higher
• Regulatory Qualification Requirements: Need to get series 7, 66, and 31 registration within 6 months of hire
• Must be fluent with both oral and written Portuguese in addition to strong business English
• Previous investments experience with high and ultra-high net worth individuals
• Knowledge of credit products, lendable values and Investment Finance as a whole; basic knowledge of trust and insurance
• 3-5 years of relevant financial industry experience highly desirable.