Investment Management Audit-Senior Manager
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm's internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the firm's compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Senior Manager to join its Internal Audit Division to support audits performed over Morgan Stanley's Investment Management businesses. The candidate should have a solid understanding of risks, controls and audit concepts as well as the overall investment management business, including investment products (mutual funds, hedge funds, fund of funds, alternatives, separately managed accounts, private funds, etc.), portfolio management, trading, operations, and global Investment Advisor regulation. Additionally, the candidate should have strong time management, organizational, and communication skills. Primary Responsibilities
• Execution of all phases of the audit, including scope determination, development of audit planning memorandums, documentation of walkthroughs and flow charts for key processes, development and execution of test procedures for key controls, discussion and documentation of issues, and report writing. Ensure execution of the audit plan within departmental methodology, policies and standards
• On-going communication with business line management to follow-up on previously identified audit issues, as well as execution of testing to verify closure of previously identified audit issues
• Execution of continuous monitoring and conducting ongoing risk assessments of key business processes to drive risk based audit plan
• Provide management with an independent and objective evaluation of the control environment and evaluate management's control consciousness
• Conduct, as appropriate, quality assurance reviews to ensure compliance with department documentation standards
• Ability to travel when required Qualifications:
- Six - eight years of internal audit related experience with Investment Management products and services experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate with senior management
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task between several projects through the use of strong project management skills
- Solid understanding of the internal audit process including risk assessments, planning, scheduling, reporting, continuous auditing
- Undergraduate degree in business including Economics, Finance, Accounting, etc.
- CPA, CIA or other related licensing a plus #LI-JJ1