Investor AML Senior Associate
Context of the role
- Day to day supervision of the Transfer Agency A1's and A2's ensuring daily, weekly and monthly deliverables are met in accordance with internal controls - Day to day processing of Investor AML reviews to ensure quick and effective QA review and approval:
- Reviewing of all AML documentation received for all investors submitted for AML review.
- Ensuring all AML documentation is saved to the DMS (Document management system) for each investor, by type, and that the AML requirements per investor type as outlined on our internal checklists and AML policies and procedures are collected and verified.
- Acting as a point of contact for all IFS TA teams in relation to answering and assisting efficiently with all AML related queries/Issues.
- Possess and continue to developing an in depth knowledge of all internal policies and procedures including all operational procedures used during the AML Review to assist with
- Ensuring all AML documentation is received from the TA team for each investor submitted.
- Ensuring that all AML queries raised with the group can be answered in detail and within the agreed SLA.
- All AML checklists points/steps in the authorisation of AML are clearly understood
- All TA AML Team processes are strictly followed in accordance with the procedure documentation
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking team activity against all shared mailboxes and assisting the team with queries.
- Identify key priorities within the team on a daily basis and assign appropriately to ensure delivery of all tasks.
- Actively manage day to day relationship with the TA team contacts, Relationship managers and Compliance team contacts, escalating issues to their Manager when required.
- Demonstrate awareness with regulatory (and internal policy) obligations regarding Suspicious Activity Reporting.
- Day to day performance management of the team, one to one meetings and annual performance cycle ensuring development and review of staff against goals.
- Actively partake in the recruitment process to effectively resource team.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution weekly AML reports.
- Act as a point of escalation for the team for technical and client queries providing an efficient and swift service to Investors.
- Foster and act as a role model to build risk awareness within the team.
- Proactively seek greater productivities in the team through process improvements & automation where applicable.
- Participate in department wide training efforts - draft and deliver training course and facilitate 'on the job' training.
- The Senior Associate will take on a review function -mailbox and online e-checklists.
- Performance Reviews - this role involves having direct reports and supervisory responsibility which is a significant change from the A2 role.
- Regulatory changes in our external environment can impact the way processing is completed.
- New relationships with other new department can change work flows eg. CARRs Team
- Operating environment has changed against the external economic factors, e.g. Business Transformation a focus for the department e.g. Centralised Processes.
- The Senior Associate has full accountability for the reviews it completes on work done by the A1's & A2's.
Relationships - nature and type of interaction
- Subordinates - Engage in one to one meetings with direct reports, coaching team members, point of escalation, PPR process.
- Superiors - provide direct support for managers and regular status updates to managers.
- Internal -
- Corporate Compliance and CARRs Teams (Compliance and Regulatory Reporting).
- AML QA and Centralised AML teams
- External - interaction with clients and investors on TA issues/Projects
Knowledge and Experience
- Autonomy for running the day to day tasks of the team. Supervisor to use their own initiative to organise and delegate workload and ensure deliverables are met.
- Role holder is not responsible for changing policies or procedures. There are set AML process and procedures as well as set operational procedures in place - there is no autonomy to go outside of these and Supervisors must adhere to all noted AML policies. These must be deployed as agreed and signed off by Senior Management.
- The role holder is not responsible for resource management.
- Degree in Finance and/or Business Related area (minimum 2.2) or relevant working experience.
- 3-5 years Transfer Agency/Fund Administration/AML experience (preferable Hedge Transfer Agency) with at least 1 year's supervisory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel.
- Good working knowledge of AML legislation and policies and procedures,.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines, with an ability to multi task and to work calmly under pressure.
- The role holder could be working on a variety of funds (investors) with varied productivity expectations per month.
- The pattern of investor type and types of funds can change for the role holder.
- The role will have a minimum of one direct report.
- Ensuring the clients expectations are met and all deliverables are met accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understanding and dealing with the changing regulatory environment.
- Handling complex queries.
- Now involved in PPR process, coaching, one to one training, time to support these tasks with the demands of day to day workload.
- Continuing to learn the TA AML process including applicable policies and procedures and the use of ISS.
- On the job training for A1's and A2's.