Investor Solutions Group, Business Analyst - Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
MIRA is seeking a talented individual to join the Investor Solutions Group (“ISG”) in New York as a Business Analyst.
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets ("MIRA"), is a leading global alternative asset manager specializing in infrastructure, real estate, agriculture and energy. With over 450 professionals globally and over two decades of experience, MIRA currently manages approximately $59 billion in equity under management and approximately $118 billion in assets under management.
MIRA is seeking a talented individual to join their team in New York as an Analyst in the Investor Solutions Group ("ISG"). The ISG team oversees investor relations, capital formation, product development, and research for MIRA. This position will be involved in all facets of the ISG team's efforts and will work directly with colleagues from MIRA's fund teams around the world located across 23 offices. As such, we are seeking a motivated individual who possesses strong analytical skills and excels in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-based environment.
Potential candidates must be proactive, energetic and resourceful. Candidates must also demonstrate superior written and oral communication skills, as well as a sharp attention to detail.
The broad scope of the responsibility will be both challenging and rewarding.
Key Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Draft, maintain and update fund-specific marketing and due diligence materials and exhibits, including Placement Memoranda, pitch books, due diligence questionnaires, and investor-specific due diligence materials
- Work with ISG and MIRA fund teams to respond to investors' qualitative and quantitative due diligence questions and questionnaires (RFP's)
- Support the ISG and MIRA fund teams in shepherding prospective investors through the investment process from initial meeting to due diligence to the commitment closing process
- Work closely with MIRA legal, finance, and compliance teams to ensure that marketing and due diligence materials are accurate and approved in accordance with firm's policies and procedures
- Research and track competitor activity and market dynamics in real time, including fund terms, fundraisings and transactions
- Research data, anecdotes and illustrations to draft internal documents on MIRA investment process, themes, and case studies
- Track overall capital raising progress
- Coordinate investor meetings
Job Requirements Including Qualifications and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree required
- One to two years’ experience in private equity or investment banking
- Ability to work both independently and in a large team setting
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a high pressure environment
- Strong writing and analytical skills and a strong understanding of financial markets
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Dedication to providing exceptional client service
- Series 7 and 63 license preferred, or ability to obtain in a short time frame
Globally, MIRA has over 450 experienced professionals in 20 countries. MIRA's sector teams focus on specific investment and asset management opportunities such as airports, utilities, renewable energy, transport, communications infrastructure and toll roads. Their local expertise, knowledge and relationships make them effective managers of MIRA's investments. MIRA is the largest private owner and manager of infrastructure in the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.