Java Developer opportunity in sunny Florida!
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Prospect 33
- 16 Feb 18 2018-02-16
Are you tired of the snow and cold weather on the East coast? Relocate to sunny Florida and work in one of the worlds top tier investment banks as a Java Developer, through Prospect 33's Female Future Leaders program.
As a boutique Consulting company, Prospect 33 works exclusively within the Financial Services and Investment Banking across North America, Europe and Asia. With an expansive presence across North America, we offer an elite Associate program known as the Prospect 33 Female Future Leaders Program. The program is aimed at hiring, developing and fostering the next generation of leaders for the Financial Services industry.
The right stuff:
• Do you have a masters degree or a bachelors degree plus some relevant experience in financial services?
• Do you have what it takes to work in a high profile project based environment on the leading edge of change management, data and innovation agenda for investment banking and financial services?
• Do you have a passion and drive to excel and be the very best?
• Our client is looking for Java Developers with minimum of 6 months professional experience to join their team in Tampa, Florida.
• You will be provided with outstanding training and paired with a mentor throughout your time in the program.
A Note about Female Future Leaders
• Whether you are a male or a female, the opportunities are the same however we run a specific program dedicated to women which has been build for women, is run by women and is designed to ensure that the gender balance in Financial Services is better bridged. Regardless of whether you are a male or a female, if you are an exceptional individual, with exceptional talent and future potential, then this is the program for you. We are excited to have you join our elite workforce.
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum grade of 3.0.
- Masters is preferred.
- Must be able to work for any employer in the US directly without restriction or requirement to provide a Visa.
- Ability to work independently, good communication skills, has experience in working on complex and medium to large projects
- Person should have good understanding of SDLC and flair to follow the processes
- Hands on experience in Core JAVA, HTML, JAVSCRIPT and XML/XSL etc.
- Expertise in JSP, EJB, J2EE, Servlets, Struts, Spring Framework
- Expertise in WebServices – SOAP based web service (primary), REST (secondary)
- Work experience in Weblogic (primary) and WebSphere (optional)
- Should be good in Oracle PL/SQL programming and have basic Oracle DB concepts
- Experience in IBM API Mgmt or similar software is a strong plus
- Experience in PAAS like Docker, AWS is a strong plus
- Should possess basic Unix knowledge to be able to write and understand basic shell scripts and basic Unix commands
- Strong architectural skills on Java/J2EE and Oracle based solutions
- Financial markets background is preferable but is not a must
- Must be able to submit 3 professional references.