Java Software Engineer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As a software Engineer you will work with architecture and design leads across the Digital organization and broader JPMC organization on business and technical architecture of the platform. This will involve conducting hands on POCs to prove concepts/products, migration to internal/external clouds, migration to Microservices.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages including Java
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Experience insoftware engineering to include implementation of highly scalable systems,release management, software configuration, design, development andimplementation
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread safe code
- Expert level experience designing and building REST and SOAP web services using Java @ internet scale
- Strong understanding of domain driven design, Microservices patterns and architectures
- Experience implementing API gateway products like Apigee, CA-Layer 7, Mashery and with Netflix OSS, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, Spring Batch, Spring Web Services preferred
Our Consumer & Community BankingGroup depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers andover 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'llsupport the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everythingfrom personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, creditcards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focusedon developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digitalexperiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serveour clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase& Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're anintegral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our globaltechnology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deployeverything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobilesolutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity,machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment intechnology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that aretransforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we valuethe unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technologyorganization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growthand career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology teamtackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all aroundthe world, we want to meet you.