Junior GFS risk manager
Are you a shrewd evaluator of risk?
Do you know how to make the right call in challenging situations?
Do you have experience with risk limit and stress loss calculations?
We're looking for someone like that who can:
– support senior risk managers covering complex clients
– assess margin requirement and stress loss of Prime Brokerage and Exchange Traded Derivative portfolios
– interact with external clients on all stages of the service life cycle
– work in cooperation with GFS sales/Senior Relationship Management, Account Managers, Collateral Managers and Credit Officers
– participate in regional and global risk projects to enhance our risk assessment and monitoring
– help the franchise optimize scarce resources (Balance Sheet, Capital)
– participate in regional and global risk calls
You'll be working in the Prime Brokerage Risk team in New York, NY. We interact with hedge funds and other asset managers as part of a full suite of trading and financing products that UBS offers to institutional clients. We maintain ongoing client contact from a risk management perspective to uphold and expand our wallet share.
Your experience and skills
– your degree in Finance, Economics or Engineering or related field or Technical study: engineering, math, physics, or accounting
– 1 to 4 years' experience in Prime Brokerage Risk, Credit Risk or Market Risk
– a fundamental knowledge of financial markets, buy side interaction with Prime Services platforms, and portfolio risk analysis
– strong communications skills, both oral & written
– technical skills such as VBA, Python, SQL, R, etc.
– reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
– quickly adaptable to changing market situations, technology and business needs (you're smart and flexible)
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.