Junior Project Manager - VIE New York City - Project Management New York
The Junior Project Manager belongs to the RISQ/AME/RMA Organization team and works Under the direct supervision of the RISQ/AME/RMA/ORG head.
The Junior Project Manager participates with other project managers in the RISQ/AME/RMA/ORG team and can manage directly one of the projects. He or she performs the following tasks:
• Follow-up of the development and completion of covered projects. Initiating project coordination for transformation topics (ex. regulatory, business evolution) Updating project milestones, completion and budget envelop
• Coordination with the RMA managers and their teams, and with other RISQ departments (ex. COO).
• Assisting RMA Project Managers in steering projects with a risk or product control component.
• Participation in the development of Business Requirements and the organization and implementation of company-wide programs (ex. Yearly Risk Self-Assessment).
• Identification of automation and process simplification opportunities, and organization of action plans.
On project management topics:
• Participate actively to the project management portfolio program organization,
• Work closely with RISQ/AME/RMA managers to help supervise and facilitate day to day project management topics,
• Facilitate project steering and completion across all RISQ/AME/RMA departments,
• Participate in the carry-out of project as project manager junior and as a Business Analyst,
On risk management topics: Accompany permanent supervision effort, Act as a contact point between RISQ/AME/RMA and RISQ/RMA/COO on change management topics
On process topics: Work on optimisation solutions (ex. Using VBA) to ease workflow. Profile Required The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in New York City is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, open to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com . Your profile
You graduated with a master's degree from a Business School or a University with a specialization in Project Management
A previous experience in in project management or change management would be a plus.
You are fluent in English
You are proficient in Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, familiarity with VBA would be a plus.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities. Why Join Us
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English. Business Insight
The SGUS Risk on Market Activities and Liquidity Risk Management Department ("RISQ/AME/RMA") is organized under the authority of the US Chief Risk Officer ("CRO"). It constitutes the primary independent risk management function (second line of defense "2nd LOD") for market and structural activities and ensures the continuous and independent oversight of risks generated on a large range of the SGUS businesses under both normal and stressed conditions.
Under the US Chief Risk Officer ("US CRO"), the RISQ/AME/RMA Department establishes and maintains a framework that is both appropriate for the size, complexity, and risk profile of SGUS and aligned with the Market Activities and Structural Risk tolerance defined within SG RAS. The purpose of the framework is to capture SGUS's material risks and confirm that the bank operates within the approved risk tolerance.
The functions performed by RISQ/AME/RMA Department are critical components of the bank's Enterprise Risk Management function. The RISQ/AME/RMA Department is actively involved in market activities business transactions by influencing and challenging risk-taking decisions. The RISQ/AME/RMA Department can escalate items of concern or interest to Senior Management through the ERC process. The US CRO can escalate issues to senior management (through the RiskCo) and the SG Board USRC when activities do not align with the firm's overall market risk
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200003KQ
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 04/05/2020
Date of publication: 13/02/2020