Latin America Finance - Portfolio Management, Vice President
Portfolio Management - Latin America Finance (PM-LAF) maintains oversight for a group of corporate, sovereign and financial institution transactions in Latin America with a mix bilateral and syndicated accounts covering a wide range of industries and counties. PM-LAF performs independent analysis on credit standards, contracts, cash flows, budgets, financial analysis, operating reports, etc. for the purpose of recommending an appropriate course of action in respect of amendment, waiver, consent requests, and reporting to management of any credit deviations or concerns that may develop during the transaction life by preparing various internal reports.
Both PM-LAF will assist in closing and booking of new transactions and booking changes to existing transactions, completion of customer due diligence procedures including customer registration and renewals. In addition, prepare for and respond to internal and external audits. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, analyze, and report to Credit and Management any changes to credit structure
- Prepare amendment and waiver requests upon analyzing the credit implication on the transaction
- Provide on-going monitoring of transactions and recommend internal rating changes when necessary
- Perform credit rating reviews and other periodic internal reporting requirements in accordance with credit policy and procedures
- Provide prompt reporting to Management of any adverse changes
- Interact and maintain relationships with Agent Banks and Borrowers
- Maintain constant communication with the Origination Team
- Maintain credit files, covenant compliance files, financial files, legal documents and other relevant information
- Follow-up with pending items on internal portfolio management tracking systems
- Interact and coordinate administrative matters with other departments
- Perform internal reporting duties and control administrative and operational matters cooperating with back office
- As required, support MD and Team Leader
- As required, support Origination Team
- Perform other work-related duties, as assigned
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package. We are an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Company Overview
- Eligible to work in the US
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration; Advanced degree a plus - i.e. MBA, MS or LLM degree
- 7 years relevant work experience in corporate financing (preferably in Latin America) and portfolio management with a financial institution
- Experience and skills necessary to perform the above mentioned tasks (i.e., legal, finance, economic, communication and negotiation, technical, insurance, etc.)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Advanced PC software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) skills necessary for modeling contractual and technical parameters, and performing sensitivity analysis as well as to prepare internal reporting
- Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with customers, officers and other bank personnel
- Capacity to effectively organize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn necessary in house systems
- Ability to work evenings or during the weekend when workload requires (some travel required)
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills preferred
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.